Breast augmentation post-op day 2 and significant fluid build-up in abdomen.

I'm noticing a ton more swelling on my left side also water building up in my tummy. If I poke my tummy I can feel the fluid jiggle around. It's a very strange sensation. Is this normal? I haven't had a BM for several days either. I'm on Dilaudid.

Swelling in my tummy after Breast Augmentation

This is very common and is due to the fact that the body is mostly made up of water, so fluid and swelling travels downward.  However, let your PS know about your concerns so he/ she can evaluate you.

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Constipation Post Op

Along with narcotic pain medication your Plastic Surgeon will typically prescribe stool softeners because these pain medications are known to cause constipation. I will typically advise walking, lots of fluids and stool softeners. Talk with your Plastic Surgeon about your concerns.
All the best

Thank you for your question. I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon's office. They are most familiar with your medical history and details of your surgery. They are your best resource for specific answers. Congratulations on your recent surgery.