If I get Botox, will the depressed cystic acne scars on my forehead alter desired results? (photos)

- The wrinkles on my forehead are more prominent around the areas of depressed scars. - 27 year-old female - I was on Accutane 3+ years ago.

Acne scars

This is very unusual complaint following a Botox treatment. We have not seen this in our practice but suggest 
you be evaluated by a board certified dermatologist experienced in this procedure to advise you properly and address your concerns.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Scars

Botox will definitely not alter the effects of the acne scars.  Botox will treat your forehead wrinkles effectively.  I would definitely look into eMatrix or Fraxel to treat your acne scars.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox

Your scars will not alter your desired results. I'd recommend booking a consultation with a skilled and qualified injector to determine if you're a good candidate for this procedure. 

All the best. 

Acne scars and botox

Botox is not affected by the presence of acne scarring in the forehead.  Botox works by lessening the activity of the muscle movement.  It is possible that the appearance of some of the acne scars may improve from lowering the tension in the muscle; but, most likely, the acne scars with be unchanged.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Acne scars and Botox

Thank you for the question.   Botox will not be affected by the presence of acne scars.   Botox is a neuromodulator which is injected into the forehead muscles to allow them to relax thereby diminishing
 the appearance of wrinkles.  

Joseph Franklin, MD
Durham Plastic Surgeon

Botox will work even with the acne scars

No the acne scars will not affect the Botox.  The Botox is injected into the muscle and the acne scars are in the skin.

Good Luck!

Dr. Shah

Sejal Shah, MD

Botox is just as successful with or without acne scars

Acne scars are in the skin. Botox injection into the forehead musculature will NOT be affected by the presence of acne scarring.

Best
Dr Karamanoukian

If I get Botox, will the depressed cystic acne scars on my forehead alter desired results?

Thank you for your question. No the acne scars on your forehead will not effect desired results with Botox. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

I don't think your scars will affect the Botox results

i do not think that your scarring on your forehead will affect the efficacy of the Botox treatments.
remember, you will probably still have some lines even with Botox but there will be less.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Deep Cystic Scars

Hi:

Best result will be obtained with either laser or microneedle to release the scar tissue in the ice pick scars.  You will get the best long term result.