Am I a bad candidate for the nose I'm hoping for? (Photos)

Hi! I am scheduled for a rhinoplasty in LA, but I got told to be careful with how high the surgeon will lift the tip &plain face me. I'd like to know if lifting my tip more & spreader grafts will actually look bad on me. I also want to shrink my nose over just because I hate how masculine it makes me look. Im also wanting lip injections for a fuller look over all. Please help! $9,500 isn't a cheap procedure and I want to make sure to not regret this and know what to ask

Rhinoplasty considerations

You have a pinches and thin appearance to your nasal dorsum, a C-shaped curvature of your nose along its length, a dorsal hump and drooping nasal tip. Open rhinoplasty with spreader grafts, dorsal hump reduction and tip plasty should make some nice changes in your facial appearance.

Rhinoplasty candidate

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish making the changes to your nose that are bothersome with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.  It's impossible to give someone a celebrity nose. Computer digital imaging can also be performed at the time of the examination /consultation to get an idea what can be accomplished on your nose. From the limited photographs, it appears that the dorsal hump can be shaved down, the nose straightened, spreader grafts will usually be required, the overall projection of the nose can be decreased, and the tip refined. It's very important not to rotate the nose upwards. Rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult procedures to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery, so it's very important to choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience. Followup appointments with your surgeon are equally as important as the rhinoplasty procedure itself, so make sure that you're prepared to go back down to Los Angeles multiple times for followups. Rhinoplasty is permanent, however the lip injections are only temporary. For more information, many examples and our current price list for rhinoplasty, please see the video and  the link below

Rhinoplasty goals?

The key to getting what you want is going to a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who can show you pictures of his work in noses similar to yours with excellent results. Only you can answer this question after meeting with the surgeon. 

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us. In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features. Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty Goal

You would be an excellent candidate for a rhinoplasty. While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Using autologous grafts (tissue and cartilage from your own body) will provide the safest and most permanent results.  Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question. You should consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon whose office has imaging technology. That way you can visualize how lifting your tip and spreading your grafts will actually look on you.
Also, do not be surprised if your surgeon suggests a chin implant either as an alternative to nasal surgery or in addition to the nasal contouring. It is best to explore all options as the features on your face work in concert to create your aesthetic appearance. Always consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon