3 weeks Post-Op, Will I Drop Anymore? (photo)

Here are a few pictures of me post-op, I feel like I'm sitting so low already but I want more fullness in my lower pole. I'm only 3 weeks post-op I received 440cc silicone Sientra moderate profile under the muscle. Will I see more dropping and fluffing?

Dropping after three weeks post op from breast augmentation.

Thank you for the photos. Dropping and fluffing are not scientific terms. If you are referring to the implants dropping and then filling out the lower pole of the breast; yes, that will usually happen. You are still early in your post operative course. Breast implants tend to start dropping into place after 3 to 4 weeks. They usually will get to their final position in 6 to 12 months. One will usually drop faster than the other, and the shape may go through changes. I would wait a while before getting sized for bras. Please follow your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon's post op instructions. For example; we like message, but some surgeons will have you wait, or do it in a specific manner. Please let them know your thoughts and concerns.

3-4 months

It takes about 3-4 months for breasts to settle, which means you still have a while to go. You should continue to drop and fluff over this time.

Congratulations on your surgery!  From your photos, it appears that you have a nice result!  Everyone is different when it comes to healing so it can take anywhere from 2-3 months for your implants to settle.  As swelling goes down, the shape of your breasts will change filling out more so toward the bottom of your breast.  Being that you are 3 weeks post-op, you may expect them to drop more over the next month or so.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Will breast implants continue to drop after 3 weeks?

You have a beautiful result based on your photographs and I anticipate that she will ultimately be very happy with your result.  Breast implants can continue to drop for the first 3 months after surgery however based on the position of your implants now they will drop some more and become more natural looking over the next couple of months.  Congratulations on an excellent result.

3 weeks post op.

Dear HLM, 
thank you for your post.  You seem to have a very nice result and I think your implants are in the proper position already.  I would wear a supportive bra to hold you in your current position while your capsule heals completely.  I would not want to drop further if I were you.
Best Wishes, 
Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

3 weeks Post-Op, Will I Drop Anymore?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Based on your photographs, it appears to me that your plastic surgeon has done a very nice job for you and that you should end up with a very nice outcome. Exactly where your breast implants will “settle” to in the long-term is impossible for online consultants to predict; your plastic surgeon who knows exactly where/how the breast implant pocket was dissected, will be your best resource when it comes to accurate/relevant information and/or predictions. Again, it appears to me that you are on your way to a very nice outcome. Best wishes.

Yes

Implants always look strange in the beginning. It usually takes 3 to 6 months to settle. Don't expect them to look good before then.

3 weeks after breast augmentation

Based on these photos, it looks like you have a great result!  Implants will usually continue to settle for several weeks. It's important to keep all your appointments with your plastic surgeon and follow his/her recommendations.

I hope that helps and wish you all the best!

Dr Knoetgen

3 weeks Post-Op, Will I Drop Anymore?

Sagging of the breasts after augmentation is a function of several factors, including the pre-operative condition and the size of the implant that is inserted. It appears that you were a somewhat low to begin with -therefore, it is likely that with these implants you may drop a little further

All looks good

Currently all looks good. I haven't seen your preops but everything looks to be fine. The implants are sitting in a good position in relation to your nipple areola complex. There is still swelling and this will take a few more weeks to settle. I ask your PS about advice regarding bras but all looks good.

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon