25 years old I. know my age is young, but I really want a facelift and fat grafting, what do you think? (Photo)

please tell me what you would do and if you would actually do a facelift on me to make me look as I appear when I was 20.

Facelift and fat grafting

Thank you for your question and photos.  I think that 25 years old is on the very young side to consider a facelift.  Without knowing exactly which area or areas of your face is of concern it is a little difficult to comment, but typically women in their 20s and 30s who are starting to see some of the early signs of facial aging benefit most from facial fillers and potentially fat grafting.  I would suggest you have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can listen to your concerns and suggest an optimal treatment plan. 

Long Beach Physician

Am I a candidate for a #facelift?

#facelift and #facialrejuvenation

there are three areas that we look at:
  1. skin surface
  2. volume
  3. laxity of skin an muscle
Based on your pictures and age you do not need a facelift. Your face volume will change with weight fluctuations.

Normal ageing

Hi.  I am sorry but I don't think your facial ageing is as bad as you think it is.  I disagree with you that you have aged a lot in the last 2 years and you are definitely not a candidate for a facelift in my opinion.  I am struggling to see that fillers or fat grafting will help you much either.  Try not to stress about it so much.  Regards

25 years old

You are very young to have or need face lift surgery. See a board certified  surgeon in your area with an expertise in aesthetic surgery to find out what your options are. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

25 year old face lift

Yes.  25 years old is young to be considering a face lift.  That's not to say that it couldn't happen for someone, but looking at your face in these pictures, I would not recommend it.

Start off with facial fillers--hyaluronic acids like Restylane or Juvederm.  Voluma and Restylane Lyft are also good options.  If you like the results of these fillers, you might consider facial fat transfers at a later date.  Give yourself a few years and you may be a good candidate for a mid-face lift.  

There are many options for you in the future.  

Enjoy your family!

Robert G. Aycock, M.D.   

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with face at 25

Thank you for asking about your face lift.

• First of all you have a lovely face - so a great starting point.
  • The photos aren't comparable because in one you are smiling, the other not.
  • But there may be some early descent of mid-face tissues.
  • The best first step is not a face lift but fillers.
  • If these aren't good enough, then implants or a mid-face lift will be better than a standard face lift.
  • Fat grafting results are difficult to predict - but can definitely be tried. (a lot of the fat absorbs and it isn't clear if results are  permanent or last a few years.)
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Facial fullness

The main difference between the two sets of photos is the fullness in your cheeks.  They look full and round in the earlier photo.  The best way to restore this would be with fillers - like Voluma - or perhaps a fat transfer to the face.  But a facelift would actually make things worse, by pulling the skin tighter and making the cheeks flatter.  So, don't do a facelift.

25 years old I. know my age is young, but I really want a facelift and fat grafting, what do you think?

Do not have a face lift-it will give you scars and not correct the problem.

The difference between the 20 and 25 photos appears to be volume loss in the mid face. Try a dermal filler like Voluma.

Find an expert board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced and can inject the "Nike Swoop" technique.

Facelift?

Looking at your pictures I do not believe that you need a facelift at this point. Consider restoring the lost volume of your cheeks with a facial filler like Voluma. This procedure is a good non-surgical alternative for the problem of volume loss that you are presenting.

Hope this helps,
Dr. Gus Diaz

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facial fillers page 25 not a facelift.

The very modest shadowing created in the nasolabial fold and that the border of the orbicularis oculi muscle can be treated with filler. Cheek enhancement can be performed at a deeper level with a very long acting products such as Voluma.