I gained 50lbs in 9 months. Do you think because it's mostly fat that I could get liposuction? (Photos)

I'm 19 years old and I weight 195 lbs. In November 2015 I weight 145 pounds and I started taking Depo a birth control shot and gained 50 pounds in 9 months do to appetite increase. The thinner pictures are me before coming to Korea for the military and the ones after are me now in August.

50 lb weight gain and lipo

Liposuction is not an answer for severe weight gain. Diet and exercise are probably best first, and lipo could be used for areas resistant to diet and exercise.

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

You are a great candidate for a body contouring procedure, like VASER hi def for female contouring.  Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I gained 50lbs in 9 months. Do you think because it's mostly fat that I could get liposuction?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Hello.  Liposuction is strictly for contouring not weight reduction. You now have more internal (visceral) fat than you had 9 months ago and that fat cannot be removed via liposuction. Generalized weight loss is the solution. 
Good luck

Depo injections can cause weight gain. I do not recommend liposuction to combat weight gain. Instead, lose the weight with a healthy diet and exercise. Maybe you could consider an alternative to the injections as well. I recommend you discuss the weight gain issue with your OB/GYN. Best of luck.

If you want to look like you did in the earlier photos, diet and exercise are the answer. Liposuction or any surgery for that matter will not take you there.

Liposuction is not a great solution for weight gain

Liposuction is not a great solution for weight gain and certainly won't get you back to your weight.  Depo is notorious for causing weight gain and acne.  It would be best to see an ob-gyn to find a different option for pregnancy prevention.  Following this and some weight loss, liposuction may be able to help you contour stubborn areas

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon