Need a tummy tuck or bad lipo? (photos)

I'm so confused I have lipo/bbl in March now I'm super self conscious About my tummy above my belly button. My ps assistant said I'll need a tummy tuck. A massage therapist said it looks like the skin didn't attach back to the muscle. I have had 3 kids not sure if that is why I have this problem. My bottom is super tight but the top is not.

Need a tummy tuck or bad lipo?

Hi. Most women would die to have your figure after 3 children. That being said, I don't feel that you have enough skin in your upper abdomen to undergo a full tummy tuck. Even if the surgeon is able to remove all of the skin between the belly button and pubic region, the tension on your tummy tuck scar would be so great that you will more than likely have a very wide, perhaps hypertrophic scar. Good luck, Dr. PG

Need a tummy tuck or bad lipo?

You are NOT a candidate for any TT! Try non surgical Thermi Smooth 250 RF sessions about 10 of them Fee per session in $500 range to see results. Good luck.

Options of Tummy Tuck or Repeat Liposuction

Based on your photos, I don't think you have enough loose skin in the upper abdomen to warrant a tummy tuck, and I would just wait several months for further healing from the liposuction.  You could always have a little more conservative liposuction to further reduce any areas that are slightly full.  And hopefully when you return to exercise, working on the abdominal muscles may help tone up your skin.  However, even with all that I have said, even though you don't have much loose skin, if you still want it tighter, then the only way to achieve significant tightening is with a tummy tuck.

Richard G. Schwartz, MD

Lipo candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you waist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy Tuck For Loose Skin

Thank you for your question about Tummy Tuck and for including pictures. It appears you have loose skin.

After 3 children, yes, some form of a tummy tuck is likely your best option. The belly button is a tether and the skin above it hangs over very slightly.  You probably also have some rectus diastasis.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

No TT

Hello,  thank you for your question and photos.  You have a great result and the best part is that it should get better over the time.   A TT is not indicated in you.   Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Need a tummy tuck

In person exam is essential. A goo set of pre-op and post op photos would be helpful. Most likely you would benefit from an Abdominoplasty in order to remove the excess skin and tighten the muscles.

Did I have "Bad Lipo"?

It is impossible to answer your question without examining you or seeing your before photos. 
When you see a Plastic surgeon for the first time you should lay all your wishes and concerns on the table and ask for honesty. You want to hear the truth of what can and cannot be done even if may initially hurt your feelings. You want to proceed with surgery with a realistic understanding of what can and cannot be achieved by each operation. 

As as a rule, although Liposuction and Tummy Tuck operations overlap, they do NOT correct the same things. A Liposuction will remove fat and in skilled hands can create nice sculpting but it will not tighten muscles which were stretched and separated by multiple pregnancies. Therefore, a liposuction cannot flatten a Mommy Tummy. On the other hand, a Tummy Tuck can tighten the muscles and remove all loose overhanging skin but cannot remove the excess fat between the skin and the muscle. 

You appear to have a moderate amount of loose skin especially in the upper abdomen. Even though there is always some skin tightening associated with Liposuction, it is an effective way to overcome a large amount of loose skin. If you look at the belly button it looks like a car tire that is being sat on. The round O is replaced with a compression by the loose skin pushing down on it. You also demonstrate it with your mild Diver's view which suggests excess skin and separated muscles. 

The good news - it is completely correctable with a Tummy Tuck. So please don't despair. Allow enough time for the Lipiduction to heal, watch your weight and when you are ready discuss it with your plastic surgeon. 

Dr. Peter A. Aldea 
Memohis, TN

Skin looseness after lipo

First, let me say that for having had three kids you look amazing!

Second, after 3 children, most women won't get a "super tight" look without a full tummy tuck. That said, skin takes a full year to tighten after lipo, so it's too early to say if this will apply to you.

Finally, if you are really opposed to the incisions, and you have money to continue maintenance treatments, you could always try ultrasound or radio frequency tightening of the skin. It will not work as well as surgery, but there is no downtime and no scars. This would need to be repeated every couple years and can be expensive over time, but it is an option if you really want to avoid (or even just try to delay) more surgery.

Otherwise, enjoy your result since it looks good now, and know that it will just continue to get better. 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon