Am I ever going to heal from my surgery? I'm 3 months post op with 450 cc

im still very swollen my incision on the right side hurts so so bad i cannot lean on that elbow at all nipples are still swollen skin is sensitive to the touch water hurts everything could my body be regecting these implants im starting to feel as those this is the biggest mistake of my life other than that they look great i just wish they felt great too

Postop problems

Hello, it sounds like you are still having significant symptoms.  It is not possible to give meaningful advice about the cause or treatment options without a proper assessment, so I would suggest contacting your plastic surgeon.  I hope you get some relief.

Painful implants

There are several reasons your implants may hurt. 
1. too large implants for your tissue
2. hematoma or infection
3. early capsular contracture
4. nerve injury 

You should be seen by your plastic surgeon to evaluate the implants as soon as possible.

I appreciate your question.

Swelling is not common at 3 months.  Please kindly contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you in person and recommend most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Swollen 3 months post op

This is unusual to be this swollen 3 months post op.I would see your surgeon It is not unusual to be sensitive but the swelling should be down by now.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question, and I am sorry that your augmentation has not gone as smoothly as anticipated. Because it has been three months, I would recommend you speak to your surgeon and have an in-person evaluation done. They can provide you with reassurance that all is well, while also treating any issues that they may see.  By three months you should be reasonably well-healed, but some patients do require more time than others to get accustomed to the extra pressure, weight, and volume that implants place on their chest and skin.  

Recovery after augmentation

Although most women feel good pretty quickly after breast augmentation, some experience muscle cramps/spasms, tenderness along the ribs or incisions, or skin and nipple sensitivity for months or even years after surgery. 

As as long as you have seen your surgeon to rule out complications like seroma (fluid collection), infection, abnormal scarring, and implant related complications, you may just need time. Most recovery related symptoms disappear by 6-12 months after surgery, but larger implants (450ml is large) can take even longer depending on how much skin and tissue you had before surgery. 

I speak from my experiences in practice as well as my own experience after breast augmentation. I had pain on one side and skin sensitivity on both sides for almost four years on and off, but it continually got better over time until it returned to normal. That's an unusually long time, but not everyone's body reacts the same way to surgery. Wearing a compression bra can sometimes be helpful. 

There are medications that can reduce sensitivity, but since this is something that goes away on its own, it's best in my opinion to try to avoid medication if possible. Good luck! 

Dana Goldberg, MD
Jupiter Plastic Surgeon

No posted photos! Best to seek in person second opinions ASAP to determine if you are having a serious issues.....