What can I do if I recently got a BA & my breast are sagging & my areolas are even larger then they where? (Photo)

I recently got an over the muscle implant with silicone gel high profile 375ccs and was told by my Dr. that It wasn't worth getting a lift because of scaring. I'm very unhappy, now I just have larger saggier breasts and it streched out my areolas aswell. What are my options? I heard of the internal bra option and a lift that is done without scaring around the nipple, and do I have to get new implants or can I keep the ones I have?

Swelling , some advices:

Thanks for the question. In my practice, after performing a BA I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense. 
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling. 
Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Breast augmentation or mastopexy

To reduce the size of your areola you will need a scar around the nipple. From your photos you also have an excess of skin where the breasts have dropped. Unfortunately the only way to remove this skin and lift the breasts is through a vertical and possibly a short horizontal scar in the fold under the breast.

Unhappy with breast augmentation

I think you may need a breast lift. I would however encourage you to wait until you fully recovered from your breast augmentation and get an idea of what the final result will look like before making that decision.  Although I cannot be certain without the benefit of an exam, I would think that you would need at least a particle breast lift.   This should improve the shape of your breast as well as make the areola smaller.  You should not need to get a new pair of implants, use the ones  that you have.

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

You will need a lift with scars around the areola as well on the vertical and possibly in the fold of the breast to give you a lifted and perkier appearance.  You should be able to keep your current implants. Best wishes. 

Jules Walters, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

The only way to reduce and lift your areolas is with skin incisions that will result in scars around your areola and down to your inframammary fold.  I would recommend a vertical lift and an exchange for smaller implants to give you smaller yet perkier breasts.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Breast lift after breast augmentation

Hi Jennifer,
Thank you for your question and for including a picture. Your result is not uncommon, but I think that it was worth the effort to see if you would look okay and not need the lift. Since it appears that the implants have settled in and your breasts are still saggy, you may want to entertain the possibility of having the lift. This will make the areola smaller, elevated the height of the nipple and also make the breasts look perkier. You should be able to keep the implants you have and then just shape the breast around it. Make sure you discuss your goals and wishes with your surgeon. Best of luck. 

Patrick L. Basile, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

What can I do if I recently got a BA & my breast are sagging & my areolas are even larger then they where?

Thank you for your question and photographs and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated after breast augmentation surgery.  Based on your narrative alone, and without the benefit of preoperative images, it appears that you would most benefit from a breast lift procedure to reduce the size of your areola and help remove excess breast skin to reposition your breast tissue higher onto your chest.  This does come at the tradeoff of incisions and scars along your breasts.  Discuss your concerns with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine the best treatment option.  

I might offer a donut lift with increased size of implants to 500 cc ranges in a secondary surgery?Best to seek in person second opinions.

Breast augmentation result

You added volume to smaller breasts with sag and got larger breasts with more sag. Your aerola got bigger as all our breast skin stretched with the added volume. This is all predictable. You now need a breast lift to elevate and reshape your breast. This will decrease the aerola size. There is no way around the scars if you want to achieve the elevation, shape , and aerola reduction. Good luck.

Saggy breasts after implants

The short answer to your question is that in order to achieve the look you are after, you are going to need a lift. This can decrease the diameter of your areolae as well as reposition the tissues to look more "perky."  I don't think you can achieve that without scarring around the areolae. That is the trade-off.  As far as the internal bra technique is concerned, that is one method of doing a lift, but there will still be scarring.  Another thing to consider is placing the implants under the muscle.  One would have to consider other health-related issues before deciding to do that, such as smoking history, overall health, and lifestyle and time for recovery.  This is something you would need to discuss with your PS.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon