Broken nose/out of shape nose needs to be put into back on it's shape?

I have a broken nose and its been sometime now about three years ago,its out of shape and I want to get it replaced at its own shape.where can I go for that?

Improvement of"Out of Shape" Nose

A rhinoplasty can be done to improve nasal appearance or function whether your problems were inherited or secondary to trauma. Consult with a surgeon who specializes in this work and devotes most of their time to this surgery.

Where not to go!

Where not to go is an inexperienced office that doesn't focus on rhinoplasty exclusively.  Find a provider that is Board Certified and an office that has 30+ years experience with rhinoplasty patients.  And most importantly find an office that provides scarless (closed or endonasal) rhinoplasty as most primary noses can be done via a scarless approach so you can avoid a scar at the base of your nose.

All the best!

Deepak Dugar MD

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD

Where to go for rhinoplasty

You will need to consult with a plastic surgeon who specialized in rhinoplasty.

Years of experience and a log of many cases is necessary for expertise.

Make sure you see examples of the doctors work and that the results are pleasing to you.

Dennis Barek, MD
Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will evaluate you and discuss your options.  Likely an open rhinoplasty with possibly a septoplasty and osteotomies (breaking the bone) would be necessary to correct your deformity.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Rhinoplasty

I would recommend when looking for a surgeon to perform your rhinoplasty that you choose one who is board certified and specializes in rhinoplasty, then schedule a consultation to meet with them in person and have a physical examination of your nose done. You may also want to look on the Rhinoplasty Society website as this lists the top surgeons in the world who specialize in noses. I would also look at the surgeon’s credentials, memberships, educational background, reviews and before and afters. Before and afters are a good indicator of their techniques and outcomes from rhinoplasty surgeries and reading reviews from other patients is a good way to see what their experience with the doctor was like. Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your description, you may be a candidate for osteotomies, spreader grafts, and a septoplasty, but an in-person consultation is of course needed to make any meaningful advice.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Nasal reconstruction following injury

I would suggest having your nose evaluated by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  Depending upon the injury, you may require internal work on the septum as well as external nasal reconstruction to correct the shape of the nose.  You should be able to have computer imaging performed during your consultation in order to determine along with your surgeon the nose that is most appealing to you and what can be achieved.  

Philip S. Schoenfeld, MD, FACS
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Choose board certified facial plastic or plastic and reconstructive surgeon who does a lot of noses

After 3 years, your bones are fused in an abnormal location. You may have also sustained some damage to the cartilage. Your bones will need to be reset and you may need some additional work to the nose if the cartilage is bent as well. I would choose a board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic and reconstructive surgeon in your area that does large numbers of rhinoplasties. They should be able to address the functional and cosmetic issues that the injury has left you with. 

Matthew Wolpoe, MD
Billings Facial Plastic Surgeon