Broken nose/out of shape nose needs to be put into back on it's shape?

I have a broken nose and its been sometime now about three years ago,its out of shape and I want to get it replaced at its own shape.where can I go for that?

Doctor Answers 11

Restoring shape on a broken nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A rhinoplasty is the cosmetic reshaping of the nose through surgical techniques.  It can be performed for any reason or cause when the nose has an undesirable cosmetic appearance.  So whether it's due to genetics, bad luck, or trauma, going for a consultation with a Board Certified plastic surgeon or ENT surgeon specializing in cosmetic surgery for the nose is your next step!

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Facial plastic surgeon for broken nose repair

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

  A twisted and broken nose can be rather difficult to make straight,  so it is very important to choose  a rhinoplasty specialist based on extensive experience. Osteotomies  are usually required to be placed in the nasal bones to manually straighten them. A cartilaginous spreader graft is also required to  be placed under the concave upper lateral cartilage in the midportion of the nose. A tip rhinoplasty is required when the nasal tip cartilages are crooked. For more information  and many examples of crooked nose repair our practice, please see the link and the video below

Reshaping the nose...

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Straightening a crooked nose due to nasal fracture is a common procedure. At the same time, you can correct the breathing internally and/or improve the shape overall. The most important thing is to see a rhinoplasty specialist who has the experience to determine what can and cannot be done.

You might also like...

Improvement of"Out of Shape" Nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A rhinoplasty can be done to improve nasal appearance or function whether your problems were inherited or secondary to trauma. Consult with a surgeon who specializes in this work and devotes most of their time to this surgery.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 40 reviews

Where not to go!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Where not to go is an inexperienced office that doesn't focus on rhinoplasty exclusively.  Find a provider that is Board Certified and an office that has 30+ years experience with rhinoplasty patients.  And most importantly find an office that provides scarless (closed or endonasal) rhinoplasty as most primary noses can be done via a scarless approach so you can avoid a scar at the base of your nose.

All the best!

Deepak Dugar MD

Deepak Raj Dugar, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 16 reviews

Where to go for rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You will need to consult with a plastic surgeon who specialized in rhinoplasty.

Years of experience and a log of many cases is necessary for expertise.

Make sure you see examples of the doctors work and that the results are pleasing to you.


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

See a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who will evaluate you and discuss your options.  Likely an open rhinoplasty with possibly a septoplasty and osteotomies (breaking the bone) would be necessary to correct your deformity.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.

I would recommend when looking for a surgeon to perform your rhinoplasty that you choose one who is board certified and specializes in rhinoplasty, then schedule a consultation to meet with them in person and have a physical examination of your nose done. You may also want to look on the Rhinoplasty Society website as this lists the top surgeons in the world who specialize in noses. I would also look at the surgeon’s credentials, memberships, educational background, reviews and before and afters. Before and afters are a good indicator of their techniques and outcomes from rhinoplasty surgeries and reading reviews from other patients is a good way to see what their experience with the doctor was like. Best of luck in your endeavors!

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your description, you may be a candidate for osteotomies, spreader grafts, and a septoplasty, but an in-person consultation is of course needed to make any meaningful advice.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Nasal reconstruction following injury

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would suggest having your nose evaluated by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.  Depending upon the injury, you may require internal work on the septum as well as external nasal reconstruction to correct the shape of the nose.  You should be able to have computer imaging performed during your consultation in order to determine along with your surgeon the nose that is most appealing to you and what can be achieved.  

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.