Different sizes after lift and implants? (Photo)

I am concerned that I will have 2 different size breasts after I just had a lift and implants. The doctor used 2 different size implants because they are silicone, and the side that he used a bigger implant on is much larger than the other. I'm only a week and a half post op, so I don't know ow if it needs more time to drop, or for swelling to go down still, but I'm a little concerned. Is it too early to be concerned?

Uneven breast

Hello dear, thanks for your post and provided information as well. Patience is one of the most important factors in achieving the best results in cosmetic surgery. We all want to see the final result as early as possible. Unfortunately, the healing process is complicated and takes time. The surest way to get a poor result is to undergo revision surgery before your body is ready for additional surgery.

Breast augmentations take about six months for the swelling to go down and the breasts to settle and assume their final size and shape. When we do a breast enlargement, surgeons try to center the implant behind the nipple. Minor position adjustments can be accomplished to account for the normal asymmetry that most women have. If the breasts are different sizes, saline implants can be adjusted to achieve better symmetry.

Please wait until six months post op and then return to your original surgeon. Minor asymmetry is normal. Too vigorous surgical approaches may result in more expense, more scarring, and new complications.

Good luck :)

If after 3 months the size issue is still not to your liking you can have revision vis new larger implant or lipo with fat grafting t even out the differences.

Different sizes post aug

Since you are only a week and a half i would sit tight and let things settle.They may be fine.No one is perfectly symmetrical.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon