Her right breast is purple and larger than the left 15 days after. What can we do about this?

Also many wounds are jagged and uneven, is this normal? Won't this cause scars?

Purple, Asymmetric Breast Postoperatively

Thank you for your question.  One purple breast larger than the other is most likely due to bleeding within the breast after surgery.  This could either be a "hematoma" (blood clot) within the breast, or simply diffuse bleeding.  A blood clot can and should be removed to prevent serious distortion of the breast as well as to relieve pain, prolonged swelling, and extended recovery that is usually associated with it.  On the other hand, bleeding in multiple small areas (diffuse bleeding) can not and need not be surgically treated and will resolve nicely on its own, even though it will prolong the recovery somewhat.  See your surgeon ASAP for an evaluation. 

Discoloration after a Breast Lift

Discoloration and other changes after a breast lift can mean a variety of things. It is difficult to give you an opinion of what this might be without photographs. You should be evaluated by your plastic surgeon immediately.

Ira H. Rex lll, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Breast purple post op

Without seeing pictures it sounds as if you have a hematome and I would go back to your surgeon and have him evaluate it.You may need to go back to surgery to have it evacuated.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift, One Side Purple

It is possible she has a hematoma, and this should be addressed right away. She needs to see her surgeon urgently.

Heather J. Furnas, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Seek evaluation

The needs to immediately be evaluated by the operating plastic surgeon to determine the cause of the discolored breast. 

Please see your surgeon for evaluation and treatment

I agree with previous posts and you need to see your surgeon for treatment. Pictures would have been helpful. 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Her right breast is purple and larger than the left 15 days after. What can we do about this

ASAP!  see your surgeon.... Sounds like hematoma but no posted photos??? WHY??? Who and where was the surgery done???

Purple and larger left breast after augmentation

You need to be seen your surgeon as soon as possible. What you describe could be a hematoma. Good luck.

In your question, you mentioned two of the most obvious signs of a hematoma (blood collection in the breast). If one breast is larger than the other AND it's intensely purple, you need to be seen by your physician. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Rule Out Hematoma

You really need to be seen by your doctor.  Without photos I really can't make a diagnosis, but you just mentioned two of the most obvious signs of a hematoma (blood collection in the breast).  If one breast is larger than the other AND it's intensely purple, you need to be seen by your physician.
I can't say much about the scar - since I can't see it.  Sorry.
Good Luck!

Thomas P. Sterry, MD