I have a low grade fever after BA. Is this normal? (Photo)

I had a breast lift and augmentation on Thursday, now have a temp running 99.7, my left arm feels a little funny, I've felt light headed all day, but even other day since surgery I have been fine, I haven't taken pain pills since Saturday. Now I'm freaking out. I'm calling the doctor tomorrow, but everything looks fine, I don't know if I'm just being over sensitive or if this is normal. I figured maybe someone may get online before tomorrow.

Low grade fever

A low grade fever is possible after surgery. But your other symptoms are a bit concerning, and you should speak with your surgeon.

Hello and thank you for your photos! It can be normal to run a low grade temperature after surgery. In my experience, it is more indicative to monitor for a temperature over 100.5 degrees F. Your #BCPS has his own parameters of post-surgical expectations of normal vs concern. I suggest you discuss your symptoms with your BCPS and allow him to evaluate you. Best wishes!

I have a low grade fever after BA. Is this normal?

Thank you for your question, You should address your concerns with your chosen surgeon. Best of luck. 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Swelling post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
In my practice, after performing a BA with BL I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast lift

Thank you for your question and your pictures. 99.7 is almost a normal temperature.  We get a little concerned over 100.5 or more.  You have some resolving bruises that can at times raise your temp slightly but nothing seems to be too unusual.  If you temps goes above 100.5, then be sure to contact your PS ASAP.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Fever

It is important to be in close touch with your surgeon.  However a low grade fever is normal after surgery due to your body's inflammatory response to undergoing the procedure.  From the photos you appear to be healing well.  Make sure you are taking your antibiotics as directed.  

Thank you for your question and series of photographs. If this low grade temperature is your only symptom, and your breasts have not had any noticeable change in appearance, all is likely well and your temperature should resolve spontaneously.  Low grade temperatures after surgery are extremely common but be sure to alert your surgeon to any changes during your recovery period.  Hope this helps.

99.7

This very mild elevation in temperature in the absence of other worrisome symptoms is quite common. Be sure you are up and about, walking, that your lungs are not congested and keep your follow-up appointment.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Lo grade fever post op

This is not unusual and you do have some bruising so I would for sure monitor your temp but you should do fine.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Concerned about fever

From your photos I do not see any evidence of any infection.  Feeling lightheaded or having vague pains in your arm may very well be normal aspects of your recovery days after surgery.  Generally speaking, most surgeons would not qualify 99.7 as a fever.  Nonetheless, for peace of mind, it is reasonable to reach out to your surgeon.