Three weeks post op and can't see my PS (Photo)

I had a family emergency and had to go cross country from NY to WA state and I can't see my ps. I want to make sure they look how they should at 3 weeks post op and if I should be wearing an underwire bra now or still in a sports bra.

You look fine

but you should simple text your plastic surgeon a photo and for instructions on how to proceed.  It is always best to follow your surgeon's advice over anyone elses.

Three weeks post op and can't see my PS

You appear to have a normal postoperative appearance. Here implants are high, but they settle with time. This is completely normal. You should contact your plastic surgeon for specific recommendations, but my patients are asked to not wear and underwire bra for the first six weeks.

Recovery Instructions Post BA

Thank you for your question and photo. Your breasts appear to be placed well and settling properly. Your incisions should be well-closed at this point with no open areas. I advise my patients to avoid underwire bras for 8 weeks post op and to avoid heavy lifting for 6 weeks. Each Plastic Surgeon has their own preferred post op protocols so I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon and ask them to advise you.
All the best

3 weeks after breast augmentation

All appears to be going well in the photos but you should send them to the NY office via text or email and ask the question re the bra. 

Three weeks post op and can't see my PS

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Call your surgeon.

Hi stephyc504, I understand you may not be able to go in to see your surgeon, but you need to still stay in touch with them. In this day in age you have other options like sending them photos via text or email to review and even video chatting if necessary. It is very important this early in the game you are being monitored and they are following your healing progress. Even if it's just a phone call follow up with your surgeon, they will appreciate it. It's their job to ensure you have a good outcome, so let them do their job. You should not be wearing an underwire bra for at least 4-6 weeks after your surgery, but this again, is something your surgeon should have reviewed with you at your pre-op and should be noted in your surgical consents and post-op instructions. Read your instructions and follow up with your surgeon! Best of luck to you.

William Aiello, MD

Breast augmentation - am I healing ok

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation,.
  • I am sorry about your family emergency.
  • Your breasts seem to be healing very well.
  • As for the bra, if it is comfortable it should be ok to wear but it is best to call or email your plastic surgeon in New York because every surgeon does things a little differently.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Do I look alright at three weeks post?

From you photo, all appears well.  An in person exam would be needed to assess how everything is healing, if the implants are sitting in good position or not, etc.  You should follow-up with your surgeon when able to make sure any concerns you have are addressed.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Healing 3 weeks post-op

Hello Steph and I am sorry to hear about your family emergency. At three weeks post operation your breast look like they are healing great. Both implants have dropped and filled in the pocket inside your breast nicely. You do not need to be wearing an underwire bra yet but that is a question for your own plastic surgeon. For now continue to wear a sports bra for comfort and the compression. Even though everything looks good we cannot see everything from one photo so I suggest also seeing your surgeon for a follow-up appointment when possible. Best wishes.

Traci Temmen, MD

Am I healing?

Your best resource to answer this question would be your operating surgeon who knows what you look like preoperatively and can assess not only visually but by palpation where the implant is located. Just on the surface, from the photo you provided, there's nothing that I can see that's abnormal. It's certainly no rush, but I would recommend you follow up with this surgeon when it's possible. For my patients, I do not like them to wear supportive bra for six weeks. Depending on your surgeon's thoughts, this may or may not be the same. Congratulations on your surgery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS