Can I get my surgery still if I have a sore throat/possibly tonsillitis?

I had rhinoplasty done a year ago and I'm having an in office procedure done this Friday. A rasp procedure and he is going to break my nose to try and make it straighter (I played college soccer so my nose was very bad!) This will all be done just with local anesthetic. Anyways, I started to feel a cold come on and now I just have a sore throat and think it could possibly be tonsillitis but I'm not sure. Is it still okay to get this done since I'm not going under at all? Thanks!

Having surgery under local anesthesia while having a sore throat

It would be best to ask your surgeon the best course of action given your sore throat as that's who knows your situation best.

Rhinoplasty and breaking the nasal bones under local anesthesia in the clinic?

Trying to undergo a rhinoplasty and breaking the nasal bones under local anesthesia in the clinic is a very bad idea. The procedure will be extremely painful, uncomfortable, and you will have conscious awareness of your nose bones being broken. A rhinoplasty procedure is usually performed under general anesthesia by a board-certified physician anesthesiologist . Washington state law requires that ALL surgery (such as rhinoplasty) be performed in a licensed and certified outpatient surgery center. Best to rethink your plans. Rhinoplasty for the crooked nose is a very difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon wisely based on extensive experience