2 months PO and worried about size difference and asymmetry? (Photo)

I had an unexpected family emergency cross country haven't seen my ps since I had the BA I am wondering if they look okay or if I should be worried that the left is about a 1/2 size bigger then the right and is sitting lower then the right?

Asymmetry

You appear to be going very well from looking the photos At two months your implants will not have finished settling and softening yet. Some mild asymmetries are common while healing, more so if you began with a volume or position difference. It would be helpful to compare with pre op photos as you may have had some pre-existing asymmetry . 

2 Months Post-Op and Asymmetry

Always contact your plastic surgeon if you have concerns about post-operative infection, bleeding, swelling, fever, excessive bruising, or any new and sudden changes in the feeling or look of your implants, breasts or incisions.

Revision of #breast implant and lift #cosmeticsurgery may be needed for : asymmetry, continued ptosis, implant malposition as well as all of the other reasons needed for breast implant revision surgery. Now, it is not guaranteed that you will need a revision, but the best thing is to visit your surgeon to have the area evaluated and make sure that healing is progressing well and everything will settle into place.

2 months PO and worried about size difference and asymmetry?

Thank you for your question. Asymmetry, swelling, and implants  that continue to be high are all common concerns after augmentation surgery. Make sure to express your concerns to your plastic surgeon and it's important that you follow up with them. It's important to remember that implants take 3-6 months to settle, and sometimes can even take a little longer. Your plastic surgeon may have specific recommendations to help your implants settle, such as implant massage and sometimes a surgical bra with an implant stabilizing band.  

Drop & Fluff

You appear to be on track. At two months your implants will not have finished settling and softening yet. Some mild asymmetries are common while healing, more so if you began with a volume or position difference. It would be helpful to compare with pre op photos. I don't see anything concerning here. Why not contact your Plastic Surgeon with your photos and concerns?

All the best 

Re: Post Operative Breast Asymmetry

Without seeing the pre-operative photos, it appears that the left nipple/areola is congenitally lower than the right. This will contribute dramatically to the feeling of asymmetry, and could be corrected with a unilateral breast lift (skin). At 2 months, I don't think the implants will change dramatically, and only you can tell if there is a significant volume difference with your bra on. 

With the post op photos shown the left breast appears smaller and the nipple/areola lower. But there is different lighting on each breast, so it is difficult to tell. 

At 3-4 months, there will be no changes at all, and at that time, you and your surgeon should consider revision surgery (change of implant size or unilateral breast lift) if you are dissatisfied with the results.

Philip Lambruschi, MD
Arlington Heights Plastic Surgeon

Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to accurate assessment and/or advice.  

Generally speaking, breast implants will "drop" into the pocket that was created during surgery. The rate of breast implant "settling" may depend on factors such as size of breast implant pocket dissected, tightness of the overlying skin/muscle layers, and size of breast implant utilized. Normally, it takes about 3-6 months (for some patients longer) to see the final result. It is very common for one side to settle faster than the other.

In cases where implants do not settle sufficiently or significant breast asymmetry persists, the pros/cons associated with revisionary breast surgery (for example, capsulotomy surgery for an implant that is sitting too high) should be carefully considered prior to making decisions whether or not to undergo further surgery. 

Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.