Will Porex Chin Implant Removal Job Look Unnoticable if Replaced by New Implant?

I got a Porex chin implant two months ago, which I am not very happy about. I want to replace it with a different shape in a few months. With Porex though, the surgeon can't just simply take the implant out, as he could just do with silicone. He has to CARVE away both the Porex material, as well as the ingrowth. The result will most likely look uneven and deformed. Would inserting a new implant on top of the carved area safely hide the deformity by 100% as if it had never occoured?

Chin implant removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Chin Implant removal information/and considerations: For the vast majority of chin implants, removal is straight  forward most commonly using the  same incision that was used to place it. The procedure is often done in the office with local anesthesia with or without some sedation, but also commonly done in the OR under IV sedation or general anesthesia per patient's and surgeon's preference.  Most implants are silicone and are not adherent so slip out readily. Medpor, also called PTFE, may have tissue ingrowth and can be a bit more involved but still can be removed in the same manner.  It is very helpful for your surgeon to  review your prior surgical records to know the size and type of implant used. This may be obtained by contacting your prior surgeon's office or OR facility and request your prior surgical records.

Expectations: if the chin implant was small and removed within the first few years chances are likely that you will return a similar size and shape as before. If the implant was small, the chin soft tissue usually shrinks back down without  sagging.  Often, there is still some gain once the implant is removed due to the scarring and capsule (lining your body makes around the implant) that gives some benefit. On the other hand a large implant placed many years ago, and other factors such as being elderly, having osteoporosis and perhaps smoking that can cause loss of underlying bone due to  bony erosion from the pressure of the implant. In this case  use of a natural filler such your fat or at times a bone graft may recommended for different reasons. Your surgeon may request a  Panorex or lateral cephalometric x-ray to see if this is the case.  Temporary fillers can also be tried such as Jeuvederm, Sculptra, Voluma, Volbella, etc. 

Most important of all make sure you pick a plastic surgeon with great expertise in #chinaugmentation and #chinimplantremoval. 

See the below link on how best to choose your surgeon.

The Porex implant can be removed, and a new implant can be used.  Almost any permutation is possible in this situation - different sized implant, stacking implants, exchanging for type or shape or profile of implant.  Any of these things can be achieved.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials and then peruse the surgeon's website before and after galleries to determine who can help you achieve your goals.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Replacing Porex Chin Implant

Removal of a Porex implant can be difficult as you suggested. I have placed a silicone implant on top of an implant like yours. I need to see pictures to determine what you don't like before advising you if this can be done in your case.