What size breasts would be considered 'perfect' for my build?

I am 5'9'' and 118 lbs and 23 years of age. I have a pretty good size Butt, and even though my boyfriend says my breasts are perfect I feel like they're far too small. They're not saggy. But I have had two children. I am a small B to say the least. Could anyone please tell me if this is proportionate. Or if they could be bigger and actually be the perfect size?

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  The best advice would be to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  At the time of your conuslt you should be able to try on various sizer implants to help you determine what is the size and look you are trying to achieve.  Then together with your surgeon you can work together to build the surgical plan that will best help you achieve your overalll desired goals.

Best regards,
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Hi Nicolaais, read my top five reasons for picking the perfect size

1. Base your choice on pictures from the internet. This not a good way to pick your implant size. you should base your choice on your specific body dimensions an internet picture almost never translates to you.
2. You are very tall and use the “usual or average” implant size. Tall people will need larger implants for the same “net effect” as an average sized patient. During your consultation the number may sound large to you (compared to your friends), but you need a larger implant to achieve a similar effect.
3. You were not blessed with any breast volume at all and the simulations look “huge” to you. This is the most common error in sizing. Since you are used to “minimal volume”, even a small augmentation “looks huge to your eyes”. Your judgement will push you to get undersized. You should consider the advise of your PS team who will guide you to what would be a “small, typical or a showy” size for your size. Try to rely on the experience of the team that has done hundreds of augmentations.
4. Make your decision based on another persons taste. This infrequently happens when you bring a parent to your sizing consultation. They do not know your desires and usually think that they already created a masterpiece. Your parent may feel that you’re messing with what they see as perfection and adding a fuller breast is messing with this. Your parents love you and were kind enough to come to your consultation but they are not experts. You should rely on your plastic surgeon’s judgements, because they are the experienced ones in the room.
5. You have a higher body weight and have disproportionally small breast. This subgroup needs the largest size of implants. If you pick a typical implant size for your height you’ll get undersized. Your plastic surgeon frequently needs to add more volume for the same net effect. Again, rely on the expert advise.

Max Gouverne, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Proportionate Breasts to your Body

Difficult question to answer without photographs. However, ultimately there is no single 'perfect size' (or implant or surgical technique) - much of this is in the eye of the beholder. It is a matter of finding the correct combination of implant and surgical technique to accomplish your vision of proportion. 

I definitely recommend setting up a formal consultation so that an exam be performed and formal recommendations be made. I hope this helps - good luck!

Which Size Breast Implants Would be "Perfect" for Me?

• There is no one perfect size breast for you, and there is not any one breast implant that you have to go with!
  • There is a range of appropriate breast implant sizes that would work for you. 
  • We spend a lot of time with our patients doing sizing with actual sample breast implants.  This exercise is really useful in pinpointing which implant YOU like best.
  • We take measurements of your breasts to help guide us in helping you choose an appropriate size breast implant as well. 
  • BUT, your idea of the perfect size breast that will fit your frame tends to differ from woman to woman. 
  • Since you feel that your breasts are too small, I definitely recommend meeting with a board certified plastic surgeon.  He/she will be able to guide you through the breast augmentation process. 
  • Best of luck to you!

Size of implant

Choosing size of implant requires multiple factors,such as height , weight, chest width and body frame. Of course personal factors and patients idea of ideal also play into the equation. So in essence there is no "perfect" one size fits all approach. I would say you are tall so larger implant probably is appropriate. I also find that when patients go a little larger than what they think, they are happier. 450 cc range might be a good choice.....best of luck!

Louis Potyondy, MD
Tacoma Plastic Surgeon

During breast augmentation breast implant size should be chosen by the patient.

The proper breast sizes what you think looks best on your own body. There good sizing systems that will allow you to sort this out.

The Perfect Breast

What is the "perfect breast"? The answer is unique and different for every woman. Some women prefer to have large curvaceous breasts, while others like better a well-proportioned bosom and bust line that is in harmony with the rest of their physique.

To achieve your desired outcome, a surgeon must balance the choice of implant size and shape with each person's unique body characteristics.  In my clinical practice, I use photographs and implant sizers in bras to simulate the anticipated contours that might be achieved with breast augmentation.  Furthermore, optimal implant sizing must take into consideration the physical characteristics of each woman's breast, thorax, and soft tissues against the anticipated physical and surgical stress on tissues resulting from implant placement.  

Consultation with a reputable plastic surgeon who attentively listens to your ideas and wishes, will permit you to explore the best options to reach your ideal image.

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately "perfection" lies in the eye of the beholder.  Cosmetic breast surgery is a set of procedures that help improve upon the current appearance of a woman's breasts in order to make them look closer to what that patient feels is "ideal."  If you are considering surgery, collect pictures of what you would like your breasts to look like, then see a board certified plastic surgeon who can objectively tell you what, if anything, would be needed to achieve that look.  Open communication, and a physical exam, can help provide reassurance or guide recommendations to improve upon your appearance.  

"Perfect" is in the eye of the beholder…

Thank you for the question.Thank you for the question and pictures. Online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. Ultimately, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, and computer imaging) will be critical.  
Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup” or "perfect" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery, after the use of temporary intraoperative sizers.
I hope this (and the attached link, dedicated to breast augmentation surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.