Saggy little tummy. What should I do now? (Photo)

I got most of the fat to go away which is good but now i have this little tummy that i just want gone now I have 2 kids adn not having anymore due to my pelvic area i have pcs. i used a corset but i still have this saggy little tummy What is the next step?

Perfect candidate for tummy tuck

Congrats on losing the baby weight- sounds like you've done all that you can.  You are a perfect candidate for a tummy tuck with repair of your muscles that got stretched out with your pregnancy.  My recommendation is to choose the plastic surgeon that gets the best results. There are lots of gimmicks and non-board-certified surgeons out there that need to sound flashy to get you to choose them.  Stick with a board certified plastic surgeon who has great before and afters!

After two children, what to do about my tummy?

You have two problems, both of which will requiry a tummy tuck: 
1. Excess skin
2. Protuberant tummy from loose muscles, called a rectus diastasis.

A TT would remove the excess skin and underlying fat and give access to the muscles which can be sutured together, flattening your abdomen.

I highly recommend the Progressive Tension Sutures, which is the "No drain TT." also. The recovery time is much less and you are not encombered with drains for 1 to 2 weeks. Plus there is less discomfort, and the complication reate is reduced. You can look up the No Drain Tummy Tuck and see the statistics.

I would be happy to have a consultation with you to discuss this with you.

Based on your photos I believe you are a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with 2 lipo areas in the flanks ,this will give you the look you desire.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy Tucks and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Tummy tuck

From your photos you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to adress your concerns.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Tummy Tuck

Thank you for allowing us to answer your question. It appears from the photos you have submitted that you are most likely a great candidate for a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). There are several variations of this procedure for you to consider. This operation is designed to remove excess skin and underlying fatty tissue of your abdomen and tighten the muscles of your abdominal wall.You will experience a significant improvement in your abdominal wall contour  with this procedure. I would suggest that you visit a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with expertise in body contouring for a personalized consultation and recommendation of which procedure is best for you. I wish you the best.

Michael Beasley, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Excess tummy

Thank you for your pictures. The best answer for you will come from a consultation and examination with a board certified plastic surgeon

Saggy little tummy. What should I do now?

There are a variety of tummy tucks that can produce a good cosmetic result in the appropriate patient: a mini tummy tuck, a modified with an umbilical float, or a variety of a full abdominoplasty, all of which may, or may not, include tightening of the muscle and liposuction. Generally if there is significant loose skin above the umbilicus (belly button), as there appears to be in your photos, a full tummy tuck will result in a greater correction and better outcome.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Tuck It

You're a great candidate for a tummy tuck. This is the only way to remove all the extra skin and really tighten your abdomen. Laser liposuction should be performed at the same time to thin out the surrounding areas (upper tummy, flanks, and love handles) and maximize your results. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

Saggy tummy

I recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuses your options. In my office you would be advised that a full abdominoplasty will change many of the things shown in the photos that are the result of having 2 children.

David Liland, MD

Congratulations on your weight loss and successful pregnancies.  You are a perfect candidate for a tummy tuck. Often during pregnancy there is diastasis or separation of the rectus abdominus muscle.  A tummy tuck helps to pull the muscle back together, and at the same time, tighten up any loose skin.  No amount of exercise or dieting will help with this concern.  That said, you would most likely be very satisfied with a tummy tuck, with our without some additional liposuction.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive experience in body contouring and is able to show you before and after pictures.  Good luck to you.  

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon