What can be done to take pain away from fat necrosis in right butt cheek it's 5.4x1.4 oval mass (Photos)

Had bbl done 6 months ago and still have pain and hard lump that gets hot and hurts very bad had a sonogram done and it is 5.4c1.4 oval mass.Dr who did surgery gave me 4 grand back and discontinued my care so desperate to get help ASAP!!

#ASPS #BBL #liposuction

Hello tarasoto30, Thank you  for your awesome question! Your bio is very helpful, however without the benefit of knowing your full health history and an in person exam it's impossible to say for certain. 

I perform many BBL plastic surgeries on patients from all over the country.  I would recommend you have an in person consultation with a plastic surgeon with these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery -- The gold star symbol
*A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) -- The circle symbol
*A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) -- the Queen Nefertitti symbol with a Triangle  *On faculty at local plastic surgery teaching program -- in our office we are affiliated with both Duke and UNC schools of plastic surgery.    Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the best in your journey.  My sincere best, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS  CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

What can be done to take pain away from fat necrosis in right butt cheek it's 5.4x1.4 oval mass

I have removed blocks of fat necrosis from remote incision sites and then fat grafted later.

I would try to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has performed thousands of these procedures and who has pictures and reviews you like.

Fat necrosis

The firmness of the fat necrosis may get softer with time, but i can take a long time.  Otherwise, excision might be necessary.

Fat necrosis after BBL

Unfortunately, fat necrosis is a risk of having fat grafting especially if you have large amounts grafted. There isn't any real way to get rid of the firm area without excision. This will require a scar overlying the firm area and after the fat necrosis is removed, there may be a defect or volume loss there. This may require further fat grafting to fill back out. 

That being said, many times, the fat necrosis can get smaller over time and less uncomfortable with massage and scar remodeling. Best wishes.