Is Coolsculpting right for me? How much could it cost? (photos)

I have 2 kids Is coolsculpting right for me? I have a little tummy, belly,stomach . I used a corset to lost most of all my baby fat which is good but now i'm left with this little thin saggy area as shown in the photos. if i got the coolsculpting how much could it cost? as in a guess would be helpful. Going to Brazil and it's summer over there and i just want to look my best please and thank you

Coolsculpting vs tummy tuck

We have done hundreds of Coolsculpting patients here in Bluffton, and we have gotten good at picking good candidates.  You MAY get some improvement in THICKNESS of the fat in the areas you denote, but your biggest cosmetic issue is the loose,wrinkly skin.  That would be a tummy tuck.

Coolsculpting vs tummy tuck

We have several coolsculpting devices in our practice.  Based on your exam I would say the Coolsculpting  would be reasonable if you want to further diminish the volume of your abdomen. If you're looking for tightening, then the best option would be a tummy tuck. Even a mini tummy tuck would provide a lot more tightening than coolsculpting.  If you are looking strictly for non-invasive, then coolsculpting followed by ultrasound or radiofrequency tightening can be beneficial.

Coolsculpting and Abdomen

You look like an excellent candidate for coolsculpting. . I treat many women who want a "mommy makeover" after having a baby.  You will probably need the small applicator but an in office consultation is best. The loose skin would best be treated by Thrrmage to tighten up this area. Please consult a board certified dermatologist who has a great deal of experience with coolsculpting. 

Coolsculpting Option

Given the amount of skin laxity I suggest getting a formal consult, you may be a candidate for microliposuction with laser or ultrasound for skin tightening.  Or to consider a combination of noninvasive options such as coolsculpting, ultrashape or liposonix with skin tightening such as thermage or velashape.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Based on your pictures, you appear to be a good candidate but I recommend you have an in person evaluation by a physician. Coolsculpting is a medical procedure and to get the best results you should be evaluated and assessed by a physician. The technology was invented by two Harvard Dermatologists who found that treating the fat in the skin with controlled cooling, can permanently kill fat cells. Good luck.

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting candidate and costs

Coolsculpting would be an appropriate procedure to remove the excess fat in your stomach.

Coolscupting treatments at our practice start at $700.

The cost for Coolsculpting starts at $700 for a cycle of CoolCore, CoolCurve, or Coolfit.

The cost for Coolsculpting with Coolsmooth Pro starts at $750.

The cost for Coolscupting will be $1200 for a cycle of Coolmax.

A patient may need multiple cycles to achieve the optimal treatment.

We are currently running a special where a patient who purchases 1 cycle, can get a 2nd cycle 50% off.

You will need to get assessed in person to get a proper understanding of full costs.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Possible CoolSculpting candidate

In general, CoolSculpting can help to reduce unwanted fat in the treated area but does not tighten skin.  You would really need to be examined to determine if you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting or not, but it does appear in your pictures that you may have some abdominal fat that could be treated.  If this is the case, the procedure could reduce the volume of fat but I would not expect any tightening of the skin.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost & Treatment of Coolsculpting

Based on your photo I would say Coolsculpting would be reasonable if you want to further diminish the volume of your abdomen. If you're looking for tightening, then the best option would be a tummy tuck. If you are looking for non-invasive, then coolsculpting followed by ultrasound or radiofrequency tightening can be beneficial. You will probably need the small applicator which is 750$ per area per session, so lower abdomen could be 2 small areas or 1 large area. Large applicator is $1500 per area.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

SculpSure is the best fat trimming technique

SculpSure is the only FDA-approved laser to provide the quickest treatment (25-minutes) and easiest recovery (none). Patients complete the treatment and walk out of our office ready to resume their ordinary activities.

Additional reasons for choosing SculpSure over CoolSculpting and surgical techniques include the following:

1) SculpSure treats the abdomen and flanks, some of the areas which are most affected from having kids.
2) SculpSure is non-invasive, unlike surgical techniques, and is painless, unlike CoolSculpting
3) SculpSure treats all skin types.

I suggest you consult a board certified facial plastic surgeon to receive the highest quality knowledge, treatment, care and skill available.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of CS

The cost of Coolsculpting depends on how many areas you are having treated. Each area can vary from $600 to $750 dollars. You should speak to your practitioner about how many sessions you will need on each area as well so that you have realistic financial and aesthetic expectations.
My best,
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD