Is it normal to have sutures visible inside nostrils after 3 months?

I had an open rhinoplasty for slight hump removal, hanging collumellor and bulbous tip refined 3 months ago. my nose is still sore when tip is pinched and it is uneven and lumpy from external view (tip and lateral cartlidges) . I still have white sutures visible inside my nostrils is this normal? I had an external suture removed from the tip a week after surgery. Any advice please?

Sutures still present at 3 months post op

It can take a few months for the dissolvable stitches to actually dissolve. If they are bothering you, schedule an appointment to see your surgeon so that he or she can trim them down. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Sutures still present

It is common for absorbable sutures to be used inside the nose as well as externally for a rhinoplasty.  Depending on the specific type of suture used, these can take a few months to dissolve.  If they are becoming irritating, I recommend you contact your surgeon as they can easily be trimmed. 

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD