Why does my third almost 4th day feel like my first day? How long does it take for my muscles to heal?

I had surgery 3 days ago when I woke up my entire upper back was in exscruiating pain and my muscles has been in pain every since no pain med is working muscle relaxer seem to suppress the issue for a couple hours but not all the pain is completely gone and not for long it's painful to breathe move and I can't move my entire left arm I received 525cc silicone under the muscle .....do I have a bigger problem other girls are fine by fourth day

Pain

Excruciating pain after a breast augmentation is not normal and you should contact your surgeon. Good luck.

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your recovery issues.  Based on your narrative your pain sounds a bit out of proportion to a routine breast augmentation with the difficulty to breathe and move your left arm concerning. Contact your surgeon for an in-person evaluation to ensure no other issues are taking place. 

Severe Pain after BA surgery

Thank you for your question, and I wish you a speedy recovery. It seems that you are having more pain, discomfort and symptoms than usual. You should schedule a follow up appointment with your plastic surgeon soon for it to be investigated and managed. The recovery after BA surgery varies widely from patient to patient as well as their level of discomfort during this time. Generally, the first 4-7 days are reserved for rest and overall recovery. But for symptoms out of the ordinary, you should contact your PS soon.Benjamin J. Cousins MD

Benjamin J. Cousins, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Pain Breast Implants

I'm sorry to hear about your challenging recovery. It is common to have more discomfort several days later due to increased activity, compensatory reaction (body using other muscles to relieve stress from an injured area), and phase of healing. Additionally, patients find they sleep in awkward positions and this leads to muscle strain and spasm of other areas suck as the back or even the arm (the inability to move needs further evaluation). However, it is best to have your doctor examine you to determine if this falls within expected or normal limits.

Gary Vela, MD, FACS

Post-Op Healing from Breast Implants

The patient will go home in a bra or with only light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are dissolvable but an ending knot, if present is removed within 1-2 weeks. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication. Light activities may be started in 7-10 days.Healing will go on for 2-3 months for the early period.  There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences.   Sensation will be abnormal.  Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. Since you are still early in the healing process there will be changes in progress, but you should not hesitate to see your surgeon if questions or concerns arise. The healing process can be a bit up and down, and you should be able to proceed with follow-up appointments in order to ensure the healing process is moving along well. Good luck to you!

Still in pain 3d postop

Hello, some people will still have significant pain 3-4 days postoperatively, especially if they start to do more physical activities.  However if you are concerned about new symptoms it is safest to contact your PS to rule out any problems.

It's definitely a problem if the pain makes it difficult to breathe and you can't even more your entire left arm. Best to call your operating surgeon so you can be promptly seen and evaluated in person! Good luck!!

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. An evaluation by your surgeon is the only way to know what may be happening. Immediately after surgery if you have a hematoma or a collection of blood you may have persistent pain. This would also be accompanied by an increase in the size of one breast compared to the other breast. If you have have persistent pain that is unexplained I would strongly consider being evaluated by your surgeon. Best WishesTheodore T. Nyame MD  Harvard Trained Plastic Surgeon

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician