I had Excel V on 4/19/16. The practitioner did my neck which has lots of spots. Will these white circles subside? (Photos)

I had excel v on 4/19/16 and was supposed to have only jawline, however the practitioner did my neck as well which is red, swollen, has lumps, but most worrisome are the white circles it left. Will these white circles subside?

Excel V....

Thank you for your question.  The spots should subside over a few days.  This seems like a case of using too strong a setting for the neck.  The Excel V is excellent in that it gives you great predetermined settings, but there are no preset settings for the neck, so the practitioner most likely used the face settings.  When using the Excel V since it is such a powerful laser it must be remembered that when moving form the face to the neck it is important to dial down the settings as the skin on the neck is very different than the skin on the face and doesn't require as strong a treatment.  Please follow up with your practitioner or a board certified Dermatologist who is an expert in lasers and in particular the Excel V for further evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon