I'm trying to decide what my options are to fix my stomach area. Would Lipo360 work better or a full tummy tuck? (photo)

I'm trying to decide what my options are to fix my stomach area.I was set on a tummy tuck but am unsure about wanting kids in the future.I currently have 1. I'm also not looking forward to the scarring that's associated with a tummy tuck.I had breast augmentation surgery & my skin does an awful job at healing.I was doing research & saw some women get lipo 360 instead & looked great. Would I be a candidate for lipo360 or would tummy tuck get me the best results?

Liposuction or TT

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos, I think a TT is a better option. You have loose skin, not a significant amount of fat, tightening that would give you a very nice result.

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

You Would Likely Benefit from a Tummy Tuck

Liposuction alone will not help to tighten your skin as its purpose is to remove excess fat. It looks like you would benefit from a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). It’s difficult to tell from the images, but a tummy tuck combined with liposuction may be your best option. I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck.

What's best lipo360 or TT?

Your photos were reviewed. Your skin is much to loose to get the result of a smooth abdomen with any combination of liposuction procedures alone. Your outcome will be best if you  undergo the full extent of the tummy tuck, to include skin excision, tightening of the muscle wall and possibly liposuction of the flanks.

What would work best for me. Liposuction or Tummy tuck.

You are an ideal candidate for a TT because all your laxity is below the BB. Any type of liposuction will give you bad results. I would do s tummy tuck with a low scar so you can wear a bickini after. You will require some liposuction on the hips and flanks for the best results.

Tummy tuck

consider a full tummy tuck. It's a little more of a recovery but your results will be more of what you desire. Watch my video below. I inject Exparel and your abdomen is numb for three days. It makes the recovery more comfortable 

Frank J. Ferraro, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

LipoAbdominoplasty

I strongly believe that liposuction alone is not going to give you a satisfactory result. Even if we talk about laser liposuction alone, I still believe the same. My opinion is that the best solution for you is mini abdominoplasty in combination with laser liposuction. This solution has the biggest advantages for your case. I am sure that this solution combines the advantages of abdominoplasty and liposuction.

Tummy tuck

Don't waste your time with liposuction it will not give you the result you would like. The damaged skin you have needs to be removed for your best results. Don't limit your surgeon by unrealistic small incisions. See aboard certified ASAPS plastic surgeon. Good luck

Larry Weinstein, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Lipo or tummy tuck?

As with many of my colleagues, I agree that the apparent laxity of your abdominal skin would not be amenable to liposuction alone.  Further, if you plan to have more children, then definitely put off the cosmetic surgery until you have given birth to your last child. Then, consider a lipo/tummy tuck, which could be done with a short scar just above the pubic hair.  
You may be tempted to try lipo or Smart Lipo only at this time.  Be careful, the skin may not tighten sufficiently and it might look worse rather than better.  And then the scarring under the surface would make any future tummy tuck surgery more difficult.
Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACSNew York City

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photographs.With the amount of loose skin you have, I do not believe you would be a good candidate for liposuction alone. I think you would be a good candidate for a Brazilian lipoabdominoplasty. This procedure is the combination of liposuction and a traditional tummy tuck. During a tummy tuck I tighten the diastasis rectus muscle which brings in the waist then I cut out the excess skin to achieve overall, a smaller waist with a nice flat abdomen and a thin scar hidden below the bikini line. Then the use of liposuction will help remove any excess fat deposits along with creating a nice, smooth silhouette. I would definitely wait to undergo any type of elective surgery until you are done having children as this can affect your results and possibly require a revision. I would also recommend that you schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon so they can perform a full body examination and give you the best recommendations based off of their examination. Best of luck in your endeavors.
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck vs Lipo360

It sounds you have several things to consider before making a decision.  One is whether you will have more children.  Having an abdominoplasty will not preclude you from becoming pregnant in the future, however, your results may become compromised as the pregnancy will stretch out your skin again.  The other issue you have is scarring, and it sounds like you have not optimal scars in the past.  This is not always indicative of future scars, however.Your skin in the lower abdomen is quite loose and removing more fat may leave the skin looser, even with additional skin tightening.  The only way to really flatten and smooth out that loose skin is with an abdominoplasty.  Based on your photos, you can also benefit from liposuction of your flanks in conjunction with an abdominoplasty.

Edwin Kwon, MD
Los Angeles Physician