Can I smoke marijuana 5 days before Breast augmentation?

i wanted to know if It was okay to smoke marijuana 5 days before surgery? And if it's mainly because of the smoke would edibles be a better option? I'm definitely planning on not smoking after my surgery for about two weeks but i have an event go to to 5 days before my surgery where I would like to smoke.

Shoud be fine

Smoking five days prior should be fine.
Edibles would be a better option as you approach your surgery and after the operation.

Best to ask your chosen surgeon! In my patients ANY smoking would cause a cancelation and NON refund of paid fees!

Smoking and post op, some advices:

Thanks for the question.
My recommendation for you is to wait for any kind of smoking at least 1 month post surgery to avoid any kind of risks.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Smoking and Surgery

Thank you for your question.  Smoking overall - cigarettes or marijuana is never a good idea for overall health and wound healing.  I push my patients to be off tobacco for at least 30 days before surgery and 6 months after surgery.  I usually avoid operating on patients who use marijuana.  I know this is a tough stance but I want to best for my patients in regards to would healing and overall healthy quality of life. 

Wishing you all the best,
Steven Camp MD
#HappyCamperMD

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Marijuana pre-op

There is no good reason to electively increase your risks for a totally elective operation, so the recommendation would be no. Not so much because it is marijuana, but because smoking makes the airways more irritable and this is an anesthetic issue during surgery.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Smoking marijuana before surgery?

While there is no direct scientific evidence that marijuana can be harmful, smoking of any type can be an irritant to your lungs and may increase the risk of coughing after surgery. I would avoid smoking for the week prior to your surgery. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS