I have a scar on my forehead. Is there any possible way to have it removed so my face can go back to its normal state? (Photo)

When I was younger I hit my head on the corner of a wall it was by accident. I always wanted to know if I can get it removed.

Doctor Answers 2

Scar revision

Thank you for sharing your photos. 

From what I can see, I am not sure conservative measures will give you the outcome you are looking for.  Conservative measures would be filler, and fraxel laser.  This may improve it, but given the depth, width, and discoloration of the scar I would recommend scar revision.  There will be a new scar, but it can be done in a way that does not attract the eye to it as much.  After the revision fractional laser is still an option to improve it further.

Best of luck,

Dr Rodman

Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Scar revision?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Based on the depth of your scar's indentation I think the greatest degree of improvement can be had with a surgical revision and adjunct measures to leave an improved appearance.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation in order to maximize your results.  Hope this helps.    

Nelson Castillo, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.