I am looking for a cure for an incredibly bloated abdomen. What is the cause and cure? (photos)

I've had this problem for a couple of years ever since I got a tummy tuck. I lost 80 lbs and had very loose skin. After the operation my abs would bloat but nothing like this. In January 2016 I had my gallbladder removed. Since then I have been to 2 gastroenterologists. I have been on numerous meds, had an MRI, catscan, upper GI, etc. I am currently taking digestive enzymes and have been working out. I bloat as soon as I eat. I am on the Fodmap diet. He can't figure out how 2 fix this.

Swelling and Bloating after Tummy Tuck

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen. It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

Since it has now been two years since your procedure it may be best to discuss with your surgeon (if you were happy with his work), or in consultation with another, to see if a revision would be helpful to include liposuction to remove any excess fat or skin that may have been left after your initial procedure. Good luck!

Bloating

Based on your photos, your tummy tuck seems to have done its job -- the skin and muscle in the first photo is nice and flat. Your bloating is another story and only one that can be solved by a gastroenterologist. Hopefully someone will get to the bottom of it soon. There is a blood test that you can take to determine if you have food sensitivities. This might be something to consider. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

I am looking for a cure for an incredibly bloated abdomen. What is the cause and cure?

Unfortunately, this is not a Plastic Surgery related issue. I would continue to seek gastroenterologist opinion. It appears that your loss skin has been adequately removed. Sorry for your continued discomfort.