Help on after lactic acid peel. What should it look like after it's done?

So after reading so much about lactic acid peels I went ahead and did one at home and now I don't know if it's going good or bad my skin is just dark and looks scabby idk I feel it's gonna leave a scar I haven't been in the sun in using a healing ointment but idk

Chemical peel gone wrong

I advise you to make an appointment with board certified dermatologists ASAP! An expert needs to exam your skin and prescribe treatment to prevent darkening and aid healing process. In the future, avoid doing such treatments at home and seek help from an expert. Good luck! 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Lactic acid peels and skin care.

I suggest you see a dermatologist, lactic acid peels, though gentler than glycolic acid peels can still be strong, and do need to be neutralised as they are a form of AHA peeling. For now, it is important to prevent PIH or skin darkening and help your skin heal up from the peel. All the best, Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Lactic Acid peel

I would recommend you make an appointment with our dermatologist to examine your skin to make sure everything is healing appropriately. Without a picture it is hard to determine what it going on with your skin. A dermatologist will be able to tell if you area healing appropriately and prescribe any medication or creams that may be necessary to assist in healing and prevent. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist