Am I a good candidate for Liposuction? Are there any other ways to reduce the size of my calves? (photos)

I am 5'6" and 128 lbs. I am athletic but am uncomfortable with the size of my calves. I have trouble slimming them down because most (not all) of the mass in my calves is from muscle. Should I consider liposuction? Or is there anyway to reduce the size of the actual muscle? How much on average would this type of procedure cost?

Hi. IMHO the answer is no, you are not a good candidate for lipo of your calves. Be very leary of having any lipo of this area. Good,luck, Dr. PG

Am I a good candidate for Liposuction? Are there any other ways to reduce the size of my calves?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Thank you for your question and photographs.  If most of the mass in your lower legs is muscle then liposuction is not a good option at attempting to reduce their size.  Unfortunately there is not a good option at your current size but your calves appear very slim and proportionate, so I would not recommend any treatment.  Hope this helps.

Liposuction for my calves?

Thank you for your excellent question.
Yours calves look very nice from the back but from the sides are pretty but perhaps without the definition you want

if most of the calf bulk is muscle then liposuction will not help

liposuction can remove the fat - it may be that a little liposuction shaping might be what you need

The muscle can be temporarily reduced with Botox but it may affect your walking so not a great idea.

finally - body builders tell me that weRing high heels is the best way for women to shape their calves. I am not suggesting you change your fashion style but try wearing heels at home an hour or so a day. Two inch heels are fined this may be the easy answer for the look you want

Lipo? Not Needed

Hello.

Thank you for you question, don't see anything wrong with your calves, I just see a very proportionate body, so keep it like that.

Best of lucks

Disnalda Matos, MD

Excellent calves

Your calves are perfect, nothing to do there. You have nice shape and proportion. If they are mostly muscle, no liposuction applies. Try to love yourself more.