I have struggled with leg gap my whole life, I want to know if there's an affordable way to close the gap? (photo)

I'm 118 pounds and an ectomorph I can't gain weight to my legs hips or bum only my stomach an I've looked online for the right answers an can't seem to find anywhere. Just scams an "how to lose weight an get A THIGH, leg gap" (which I don't want) This has caused me depression an uncomfortableness for months now like there's no way out of it I just would like to know if there's any way to close the gap an add some fat to my sides including my bum any affordable procedures? Any estimates on prices?

Doctor Answers 3


Its a difficult problem because as you say, there isn't very much fat on you to harvest. 

The best places are where you find fat hard to shift even with diet and exercise. Everyone has their tough fat. 

Whether that will be enough for you, I am not sure. 

There are other ways to volumise the body, namely dermal grafts or implants but I don't feel either of these would be good for you either. 


Adam Goodwin

Can you close the leg gap?

there is no treatment for this, you can try fat transfer to the area but typically it doesn't last or look any better -- I have done over 50 cases with no negative consequence but not outcomes i found to look substantially improved. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Jason Emer, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 196 reviews

Fat transfer to the inner thighs

I think if you're petite it may be a bit tough to find enough fat but if you combined the abdomen, waist, back, arms that may work.  Mats Hastrom, MD in San Francisco has a very good reputation for fat transfer to the body.  You might want to start by contacting specialists in body fat transfer.

Chase Lay MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 76 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.