I Am a Police Officer...how Long Before I Can Wear 25 -30 Pound Belt and Vest After TT?

I had a TT with muscle repair 8 weeks ago and I am still sore and tender. Swelling is still a major problem. Would physical therapy help?

Time off for a Police Officer?

After a #tummytuck #surgery, #swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

I suggest waiting 6 weeks before returning to full activity without restrictions, especially since you have some heavy lifting to do.

Ask your #BoardCertified #PlasticSurgeon what they recommend.

You will be in the vest in a week and chasing bad guys in 2 or 3.

I have done many police officers and am familiar with your question.  No worries about wearing the vest in 7- 10 days but it will take 2- 3 weeks for you to be catching bad guys.   Good luck officer.  

Grant Stevens, MD