Can I Get Breast Implants WITHOUT Lift? (I'm a Natural D) (photos)

Hello everyone. I'm a 20 year old bikini model.. I have natural D (DD) breast and I was wondering if it would be possible for me to get breast implants .. I would love my breast to look a bit fuller on top, i like my size just a bit fuller. And I don't want them to look fake, (nobody can know they are) so I want to keep the "flip" under the breast (like the pic on the right is just perfect) - and i miss working out without the fear of loosing my breast Is that at any way possible? Thank you

Reshape and Elevate NOT Augment

Yes, it is possible to get breast implants without a lift.  However, you say you would love your breasts to look fuller on top.  You are an excelletn candidate for a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall will give you added projection and achieve the look you desire.  You are a poor candidate for breast implants since your breasts are large and drooping and the added weight will make them droop even more.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Augment without lift

Yes, you can have an augment without the lift now.  So long as you don't go too big, you should be able to manage.  Just be careful not to overaugment as this can lead to sagging down the road as well as stretching of the nipple areolar complex.

Can I get an augmentation without a lift?

From your photos, it appears that you are slightly ptotic (droopy).  You may be able to just put in a modest sized implant for volume but my concern is that although you will have more fullness in the upper pole, your own breast tissue may hang off of the implant.  To achieve the look of the photos to the right, you will most likely need a lift of some sort which can be determined at an in office consultation and physical exam.  You have nice breasts, why not continue on as you are until it's an absolute necessity to have an augmentation with a lift.  Carefully weigh the pros and cons & consult with at least 3 board certified plastic surgeons before making any definite decisions.  ac 

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation & natural looking breasts

Hi there Ann

Thank you very much for your question. I personally think you have a very good natural looking breast which is essential for your job. You also have a excellent sized breast already so I think you must consider very carefully whether surgery is the right option for you. A mastopexy (uplift) will create a fuller shape out of underwear but obviously at the expense of scars. 

Breast augmentation without a lift?

Since you blacked out your nipple position it can be slightly difficult to assess  but it looks like you have some ptosis and the implants will only giv eyou more volume.  You may be able to have a circumareola lift only but that would have to be assessed in the office.

Large breasts and breast implants

I would advise no implants now. They would probably make your breasts more ptotic over the years. You might be a candidate for fat grafts to the upper pole of your breasts, your plastic surgeon, who can examine you would be the one to go over your options with you.

Terry A. Cromwell, MD (retired)
Lafayette Plastic Surgeon

Lift versus breast implants

Hello and thanks for your post. One cannot say the best operation for you just based on photos. Needless to say that your breasts look fairly saggy and a breast lift might be a better long-term option for someone with a similar level of sagginess. Breast implants will enlarge your breast cup but not improve the level of sag. I doubt if you will look like the after photos you have presented because your anatomy is different. It is always best to have a one-on-one consult with an experienced plastic surgeon for all your questions to be answered. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Implants without a lift?

Hi Ann,

I suspect you're better off not to have surgery - either implants or a lift.

Here are the reasons:  

1. You say you must look natural for your job

2. You have good breast volume already, and in a bikini its clear you would look very good. It's a risk to mess with that.

3. A lift is not appealing to you - quite understandably, because of the scars - however your breasts are considerably lower than the "ideal" pictures that you aspire to be like. I think for a great result you'd need a lift if you had implants, for the reasons below.

4. Implants alone I think won't look good on you.  On the lateral view, a lot of your breast sits below the inframammary fold, and your nipple is at or just below the fold.  So, an implant will sit high within your breast if there is no lift.  This will probably have the effect of making your breast look long and a bit strange from the front view, with the nipple looking lower on the breast.  It will actually make your breast look MORE droopy from the front, not less.  An implant will give you more upper pole fullness - so in a bikini it might look better ( if that's what you're looking for) - but I strongly suspect that your naked appearance will be worse with implants alone and no lift.

So -  be happy and leave it alone is my advice to you.  All the very best.

Howard Webster

Breast Augmentation without a lift on a large breast. Possible but not recommended

Of course anything is possible. The question is should you do it or not. Looking at your pictures, I do not recommend placing an implant in your breasts. You are quite large right now and have a slender torso. Augmenting your breasts would tend to make you look too large. The pictures that you showed as an example are not similar to your breasts at all. I think you should either stay the same, or have a Breast Lift if you want more fullness on top.

Itzhak Nir, MD, FACS

Augmentation without lift

From my point  of   view, it  is not  a   good  option  to   have  an  augmentation     when   the   location   of  the   breast   is too descended  as   i  can   see   in  your  lateral    view   looks  like  your    distance   from sternum and  nipple  exceeds    24 cm      and  this   distance   is what    gives  the   surgical techniques     that     should    be perform ,    never    an  augmentation   is   going   to correct  a   descended    breast   instead   of    that  can   give  a  worst   result in   few postsurgical  months ,   as  you can   realize  in  the  picture  you  wish to  have  the  results of   augmentation  ,  this  person  has  not   a descended   breast    just  a  small   breast    with   a  good   distance of   nipple    and   that   is  why    she   has  such a   nice  results .The  most important   thing n our  speciality   is   to  be aware   of   correct  things  ,  techniques   are describe long  time    ago ,   i  do not    agree    you can   have   augmentation   and  no lift .   Because   i   to think  not   in how  your breast    is   going    to  look after   surgery ,,   

I think   a little  further ,   in  just   few  month  they   wnt  be  so nice 

Cynthia Disla, MD