Diastasis recti - can they also do a fat transfer while doing the repair of the muscles? (Photos)

I sent in a claim for Medicare to cover it so they needed more info to process my claim and give me an answer

Diastasis Repair

Hi Cymphony, 

Unfortunately, diastasis recti repair is not covered by insurance. If you decide to move forward with a procedure,  a tummy tuck with muscle plication is what I recommend. I perform liposuction of the upper and lower abdomen with the tummy tuck, allowing me to use the fat for transfer. This can be done in one procedure. 

Good luck with your claim. 

Javad Sajan, MD

Seattle Physician

Good Luck!

Medicare does not pay for rectus distasis repair. They will not pre approve even for breast reductions. I hope this helps you. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon