Is the halo laser right for me? (Photo)

I went and got a consolation and the doctor said the halo laser would be best for me I would like to know if that is ture because he did say it was going to be new to his office I just wanted to make sure that he didn't want to just try it out on me he is givin me 500 off the procedure. If it's worth it could sone one show me before and after photos

Halo treatment

It is somewhat difficult to evaluate your skin based on the photo provided.  The halo, done in a series, would be good to help even out your skin tone and improve some of the textural issues that can I see.  Profractional may be another option to address these same issues.  I would consult with a provider that has multiple treatment options to provide you with the best recommendation to address your concerns. 

Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Halo for scars

It is difficult to totally evaluate your skin from the one picture.  I do see some white atrophic scars in your mid-glabella as well as some textural issues and would like to suggest that with your skin tones, it would be inappropriate to rely on one technology to address all issues.  For example,  treatment that is too aggressive will cause you to pigment.  This does fade, but 6 months or more watching the 'fade' can be a long time.  I would get you started on some topical care at home to get the skin turning over at a better rate and use some skin lightening products before starting to address pore size, texture and scars with systems such as Eclipse Microneedling, Profractional Laser, possible chemical peels and a new RF system called Infini.   Hope that helps!

Steven Swengel, MD
Los Gatos Dermatologic Surgeon

Halo Laser Right for me.

Based on the photo, you appear to be a good candidate for Halo. Consult with 3 experienced and expert physicians who have both the Halo and traditional laser resurfacing options to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

You need a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in acne scarring/pigmentation and does a combination of treatments including: surgery, subcision, or TCA cross for deep or pitted "ice pick" scars; fillers like Bellafill or Sculptra or Radiesse for broad "boxcar" or "rolling" scars; Eclipse Micropen for all types of scars and improvement in texture and tone; lasers such as co2 laser resurfacing or Fraxel/Clear+Brilliant or radiofrequency such as Sublative or Viva to improve the scars and give long term collagen production. There are many options but you want someone who can customize a regimen for your short and long term goals based on your individual situation. Best, Dr. Emer.