Non-surgical options please? (Photo)

The whole of my mouth area is very pronounced with 'smokers' lines. I am on a limited budget. What are my best options?

Non-surgical options please?

Thank you for your question and photos. You are a good candidate for Spiderweb with Fat transfer stem cells.

If you are not happy with the look of your face, you feel that you are getting older, your skin started to lose its elasticity and if you think that this situation is going to get even worse if you do not take any precaution; then you can be a good candidate for “Spider Web Aesthetics”. Most people are afraid of surgical interventions since the complication risk and the results can frighten the patients. Therefore patients are seeking for non-surgical solutions more and more. Spider Web Aesthetics is a non-surgical lifting method developed by plastic surgeon Bülent Cihantimur MD. If you are afraid of having a surgical intervention and you are not happy with the sagging of your skin especially in face, inner arms, buttocks and neck; you should consider undergoing this minimal invasive, safe and effective method.

Preparation :

Spider Web Aesthetics is performed with topical anesthesia meaning that there is no need for a general anesthesia or sedation. A topical anesthetic cream will be applied in order to benumb the area. After the topical anesthesia the area will be sterilized and the Spider Web Aesthetics will be applied.

We can combine fillers and the neuromodulators to help you.

There are many different fillers as well as different type of Neuromodulators that the combination treatment help you improve your lips appearance. Juvederm combines with Botox would be great for you.

Lip lines.

There is a great deal of collagen loss around your lips causing the permanent lines.  The easiest way would be to use retinol to rebuild the skin.  Even better would be laser resurfacing to to jumpstart the collagen stimulation.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Nonsurgical options please

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  The best results are often obtained from pursuing a multi-pronged approach to correction.  This includes Botox to prevent worsening of the wrinkling, avoidance of lifestyle risk factors such as using straws and smoking, chemical peels, and dermal filler use.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to discuss your best options in order of cost.  Hope this helps.

Peels or Laser

Great question and thanks for the photos. Lines around the mouth are extremely difficult to get rid of permanently. You can try using filler, but that will only be a very temporary solution. The best treatment to get rid of those permanently is through an ablative laser resurfacing or with a phenol peel. Look around in your area to see who performs these procedures. They should be able to give you a better idea of what will suit your needs as well as the associated cost. Best of luck!~Dr. Sieber

You could consider Juvederm injections that would last up to a year, or even chemical peels or laser treatments.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

"smokers" lines on a limited budget

This is a tough one.  If budget were no concern then I would say, a deep laser resurfacing of your face to include and aggressive treatment of your upper lip followed by filler and even a small amount of botox to prevent you from pursing your lips quite so tightly and deepening the wrinkles again.  On a budget however, I would recommend just a few units of botox every few months to try to soften them and if you can work some filler into your budget then do that as well.

Treatment For Vertical Lip Lines

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Upper and lower vertical lip lines are very challenging to treat.  I find that a combination of Botox and a filler such as Juvederm works best.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully address your concerns and discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Best wishes!  

Perioral wrinkles and smokers lines

Thank you for the pictures.  These can be addressed in a variety of ways.  Fillers can do a great job of helping fill in some of those lines, but they will certainly not get rid of them completely.  That being said, they will do a pretty decent job of improving their overall appearance.  You can also address them with resurfacing procedures such as dermabrasion, chemical peels, or fractionated lasers.  Depending on the amount of downtime that you have available, your skin quality and overall pigmentation, how you heal, one may be better than the other. Often times a combination of treatments may be necessary to keep you in your budget while giving you maximum results.  Hope some of this helps. Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical options please?

Thank you for your question.  Generally, fillers, laser resurfacing and chemical peels can address this area.  Recently, I've found additional success with microneedling of the perioral area.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS