I'm about to have Botox for my frown lines / crows feet and forehead lines but can I also have Fraxal laser on my face?

I'm about to have botox for my frown lines / crows feet and forehead lines but can I also have fraxal laser on my face ?

Botox and Fraxel Together

Yes you can! Botox and Fraxel laser each have different aesthetic outcomes and are frequently used together with great results. As you may be able to tell there is some debate amongst practitioners as to the ideal time to perform this treatment combination. But you can and should consider doing both for maximal results.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

OK to combine treatments

Yes, Using Fraxel 1927 thulium non-ablative laser treatments can be performed at the same time as Botox. This is a very popular combination procedure here in our office.

Roy G. Geronemus, MD

Botox and Laser

I often do these treatments on the same day, they complement each other and can give great results together.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and Fraxel together many enhance results

It is actually a great idea to combine Botox and Fraxel. There is some scientific evidence that performing laser procedures after botulinum toxin that is may enhance the results. However, the timing is important. It would not be a good idea to do them on the same day. It is possible that the heat from the laser could effect the uptake of the toxin. If you were to do the laser 1-2 weeks or months after Botox, you may find that you get a better result from the laser than if you hadn’t done the Botox prior!

Amy Forman Taub, MD
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Fraxel

Botox and Fraxel are an excellent combination and I often do them on the same patient.  I prefer it my patients have Fraxel first for sun damage and wrinkles and then have the Botox on a separate visit about one week after their Fraxel.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who has experience with these cosmetic procedures for the best results.