Too much Juvederm Voluma injected on forehead? What can be done? (Photo)

Hi had juvederm voluma injected in a small acne scar on my forehead a little over a week ago. But there is a huge lump and looks really uneven and the filler goes about a inch away and is a half in thick from where I wanted it injected. Can this be removed? I contacted the office and they said this is normal and wait 3 weeks. If I get it dissolved will it be really lumpy? I am so unhappy with the outcome I wish I never had this done. Thank you

Voluma Results

Yes, Voluma can be easily dissolved with a Hyaluronidase injection, but since you just had it done, I would advise that you wait. You are quite possibly still swollen and when this resolves, things will hopefully look fine.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Needs some time

Time and massage will help some.
Hyaluronidase injections such as Vitrase can help dissolve the Voluma also.

Too much Juvederm Voluma injected.

Thank you for your question and I am sorry that your results have not been what you anticipated.  I would allow your results to settle and mature for 2 weeks after treatment, but if they remain unchanged the Voluma can be dissolved with a separate medication termed a hyaluronidase.  Hope this helps.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Acne scarring requires a combination treatment for best results, voluma can be used but if too much is injected it needs to be reversed with hyaluronidase.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Voluma No Good For Scars

Voluma is not a good choice for acne scars. It's too bulky a filler. You can have it dissolved with Hyaluronidase. Make sure you find an experienced injector next time. 

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Voluma for scar

There are better options for trying to lessen the appearance of a scar than Voluma. That being said, it can be easily dissolved without leaving you lumpy. It should dissolve completely, leaving you with exactly what you had before injection.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Voluma in forehead

Voluma is not the best filler for filling acne scars so I believe you will want this dissolved. The dissolving works very well and all of the lumpiness will resolve. Sorry that you had to go through this. Good luck.

Katrinka L. Heher, MD
Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Voluma injection

Voluma is composed of hyaluronic acid.  There is an enzyme called hyaluronidase that can dissolve the product quite rapidly.  I would recommend you wait a full two weeks to allow any residual swelling to resolve.  If you are still unhappy at that point, return to your injector and they should be able to dissolve it for you by injecting hyaluronidase.  Good luck.

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD
Charlotte Dermatologic Surgeon