What can I do about these acne scars on my forehead? (Photo)

I have these acne scars on my forehead. Can someone tell me based off my picture what type of scars these are? And what would be the best option to get rid of these or improve the apperence?

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Combination treatments like lasers, microneedling, subcision and fillers can help scars but you need a formal consultation to determine what is best.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Acne Scars – Combination of Treatments Needed

The best treatment for acne scars depends upon an individual’s skin type, age, ethnicity, sun exposure, overall health and most importantly, the type of acne scars present (ice pick scars, boxcar scars, rolling scars, hypertrophic scars and variable degrees of hyperpigmentation). In order to give you an accurate treatment plan, a consultation is required to properly assess your skin. An important step for all skin types is sun protection including the use of daily sunscreen, sun hats and sunglasses, all of which help prevent aging and sunburns.  When it comes to acne scar treatments, a combination of treatments are available including cosmeceuticals (medical grade skin care products specific for acne including ZO® Skin Health or ZO® Medical, Skinceuticals® or Glo-Minerals®), advanced laser resurfacing procedures (CO2 laser, Er:YAG laser, Fraxel DUAL®, PicoSure® FOCUS Lens Array), chemical peels (light, medium, deep including the blue peel), dermabrasion, augmentation/fillers, excision and/or subcision, punch techniques, microneedling/rolling, injections (corticosteroids, 5-FU), cryosurgery, electrodesiccation and microdermabrasion.  These are advanced techniques so be sure to get an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon consultation for recommendations and treatment options.

Alim R. Devani, MD, FRCPC
Calgary Dermatologist

Acne Scars on Forehead

Your scars can be best treated with a combination of fillers and lasers such as Fraxel or eMatrix.  Please consult a specialist in acne scar treatments.  Best, Dr. Green

Acne Scars

It appears that you have both saucer and icepick scarring from acne on your forehead.  In my opinion, for scars like yours on this region, skin resurfacing with a fractional type laser is the best way to proceed.  I think you should find a Board Certified Dermatologist in your area to work with.   Laser resurfacing is a process, that requires multilpe procedures, for long-lasting results.

Marla M. Klein, MD
Lake Oswego Dermatologic Surgeon