Can you recommend surgeons in US specializing in Rhinoplasty revision/reconstruction? (Photo)

My surgeon said his internal sutures had came loose causing all my cartilage to drop down. I now am left with very pointy areas on the tip of my nose. I cannot breathe well. I can push the tip of my nose up & everything goes back in place allowing me to breath ok. I am very embarrassed & devastated by this. Please recommend surgeons who specialize or are known for repairing such cases as mine. I'm located in TN, but will travel anywhere in the US.
Here is a link to help you find a suitable doctor

Doctor Answers 3

Second Time's a Charm

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I'm sorry. This is an example of how bad things can happen to perfectly good surgeries. In fact, an estimated10-15% of primary rhinoplasties end up requiring a revision. Yet, outcomes like yours are never truly predictable, and I'd wager that your surgeon has probably never had a graft become dislodged before. In any event, undergoing a revision rhinoplasty would be necessary to replace the graft and correct the situation. If you no longer feel confident in your surgeon, look for someone who is a veritable rhinoplasty expert, who's personal revision rhinoplasty rate is <5%, but who performs a significant number of revisions annually.

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 51 reviews

Can you recommend surgeons in US specializing in Rhinoplasty revision/reconstruction?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
The tip and columella areas can be improved through a closed rhinoplasty approach to produce a natural result.  The breathing issues will have to evaluated with the help of an exam.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD

Los Angeles, CA


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your photos and the good news is that your nose can be fixed. I would contact the American Society of Plastic Surgeons and find experts in nasal surgery in your area. I would also be certain to go to a surgeon that will take your photo digitally and then alter it with your input until you see the result you desire and then ask him how it would be obtained. Tha way going into surgery you are fully informed and both you and the surgeon have the same final result in mind. Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 65 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.