I Feel I Have Lost Perkiness. What Can I Do? (photo)

I m 27 years old and any mother of a 4 year old. What options do I have to get perkiness back? Are they sagging? Is there any remedy for them? I lost my weight due to illness. Im 27 years old and have a child of 4 years. I had suckled the baby for 6 months regular.

Doctor Answers 14

I lost perkiness after pregnancy. What can be done.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The simplest solution is an augmentation to reestablish the lost volume.This will produce the least amount of scaring, but will increase your breast size. If you don't want larger breast then vertical mastopexy will improve the shape and the nipple projection.

Lost perkiness after pregnancy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The answer depends on the definition of "perkiness". If you mean lost skin or tissue tone, there is currently no way to actually restore this. If you mean droop of the breast, it doesn't appear that you have drooped enough to justify a lift. If you mean loss of volume or forward projection, this is corrected by an implant. Implants give the illusion of a lift and the breast looks perkier even if the tissue tone or basic characteristics don't change. I would suggest a lowest profile implant that fits the width of your breast. In a subpectoral position this will look natural and increase your cup size by about one cup size. You should look perkier by most definitions without going too big or unnatural. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Boulder Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you are willing to go a little larger, then a small implant will give you your fullness back, and take up some of the loose skin.

Best Breast Surgery for Me?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question and pictures. Although it is not possible to provide you with precise advice without direct examination  and a full communication of your goals, it seems that you have experienced  breast “involutional hypoplasia” after pregnancies. This simply means that your breasts have lost volume;  I do not think that your breasts have “drooped” to the point where breast lifting will be necessary. In other words, you should do well with  breast augmentation surgery only.

 I would suggest that you seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate a significant experience helping patients in your situation. Communicate your goals carefully; in my practice,  I prefer the use of goal pictures to help with this communication process.

 Best wishes.

Replacing breast fullness after pregnancy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You appear to have just a little post partum volume loss (involution). As you don't have a whole lot of issues about ptosis or descent of the nipple, I would suggest an implant alone would get a good result.

Lost Perkiness Breast Augmentation Needed

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

   Although a bit difficult to determine from the pictures, you appear to have only a deflational component without significant droop.  This is good news.  You can have breast augmentation without a lift to help with this issue.  Find the board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Perkiness of breast?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You most likely lost volume or your skin envelope has stretched with pregnancy. You may be a good candidate for an implant to increase the volume. Best to be seen in person. Good luck.

I Feel I Have Lost Perkiness. What Can I Do?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The nipple and areola appear to be in satisfactory position, so I will assume that the changes you note are due to lost volume. If you are under your normal weight, it is possible that you will gain some breast volume back by regaining the lost weight. Otherwise, the approach will be breast enlargement, probably best done in this setting with implants. 

When you are ready for an in person consultation, RealSelf has listings of surgeons in your area. You should consider cross referencing the listings from the The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (plasticsurgery dot org). A listing in the ASPS website assures you that your surgeon is not only board certified,  but also is a member in good standing of the major plastic surgery organization in the U. S. Thank you for your question, best wishes.

Jourdan Gottlieb, MD
Seattle Plastic Surgeon

Lost perkiness- lift or augment, or both?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Hi there. The main question for you is whether you would like to be a little larger or not. If so, augmentation will achieve an improvement in size and perkiness with minimal scarring. Your breasts are a good shape and I think this would be the best option for you. However if you don't want to be any larger, a lift or mastopexy will help but any fullness in the upper part of your breast from the surgery tends to reduce with time. Sometimes an augmentation and mastopexy performed together is the best operation. If you are planning to have more children it might be worth waiting.


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The best and fastest way to restore fullness or perkiness to your breasts is with breast augmentation. You have a choice of implant fill and shape but they will all work

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS
New York Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.