Brown pigmentation on my skin after chemical peeling to my face!

I had a chemical peel one day ago ,, at first my face turned red and a little bit swollen ,, but today i woke up with brown pigmentation on my skin ! Is it normal ? I asked my doctor and she advised me to use calcifate cream from avene ,, wil it help in my condition ?! Please help ! My wedding is next week =((

Chemical peels and after care

Chemical peels are great in making your skin look younger and more even.  The ideal way to take care of your skin after a chemical peel is to use a great deal of moisturizer, sunblock, and strict sun avoidance.  Depending on the type of peel that you have you can get peeling, dryness, or "brown" scaling on the face.  If you are concerned please contact your treating physician for advice.