Will my breast size go down in 3 months?

I had a breast lift with augmentation done 5 weeks ago. I was a 32DD and now I am 32DDD. I think I would be more comfortable with a 32DD. Will I go back to that size in the next couple months? The implant size used was 350cc silicone.

Wanting to be smaller again after an augmentation

is not unheard of but at this point, its best to focus on healing and achieving a level upper pole.  If you're truly unhappy with your increased size, your implants could always be removed later.  If you had this under the muscle, you have to consider repair of your muscles if you do have a removal and this would require the OR.  Hopefully you will adjust to your new size and end up satisfied with them.

Healing Process after Breast Lift and Augmentation

Healing will go on after these procedures for at least 2-3 months during the early period. There may be some swelling, bruising, malposition, color differences. Sensation will be abnormal. Scars will be changing. If my patients have concerns that something is unusual about their healing process, it is important for them to call the office and discuss these concerns or come in to be examined. So, if you find that you are worried or concerned about your healing at all it would be best to visit your surgeon to have the area examined to make sure that healing is progressing well. Good luck.

Breast Size Changes After Surgery

Congratulations! Typically the first 6 weeks after surgery is the most dramatic as far as changes in size, shape, feel of the breast. Your breasts will continue to remodel over the next several months, until they finally settle down. Technically, your scars will continue remodeling for a full year after surgery! Most patients have a good idea of their final results well before 1 year, however. I typically tell my patients it takes about 6 months to see the "after" look. If you have any complications or small open wounds, keep in mind that the swelling will last a bit longer. Best of luck to you!

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation/lifting procedure. It is very hard for online consultants to be of specific help to you when it comes to predictions regarding breast size. At this point, time and patience will likely be your best friends as you adjust to the new "body image".  I ask my patients to wait at least six months after this type of surgery before evaluating the procedure performed and then, not to evaluate the outcome based on specific cup sizes.  Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with

Answer this question for me. When you look in the mirror are you happy with the shape and size of your breasts? If you answered yes then you need to just forget all together cup size. It is totally irrelevant. I never ever promise a cup size to a patient because bras are all so very different. Victoria secret is notorious for oversizing people and so you leave there thinking you are huge when you really are not. If you buy a bra from target then Victoria secret I bet you they will be very different cup sizes. So all that matters is if you are happy with the size and shape of your breasts. If you are then forget about cup size forever. Because it does not matter if you are happy. 

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast Augmentation Postop

Difficult to tell you about cup size change this early out in your recovery.  I generally do not have my patients size their breasts until they are 2-3 months out from surgery.  Until then, they are wearing sport bras.  The reason is that the implants still need to shift and settle and this will change the distribution of the implant volume as well as change your bra size.

At this point it is best to follow your doctors recommendation regarding the recovery phase and then re-evaluate things when you are 4-6 months out.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD