Do I Need to See a Plastic Surgeon or ENT for a Rhinoplasty Mishap?

I had rhinoplasty a year ago. Three weeks after surgery I injured my nose and it has not healed correctly, is more crooked and my sinus headaches are worse than ever. When I pinch the top of my nose I hear a clicking sound but this does relieve pressure. I want my nose straight. Any advice?

Doctor Answers 6

Facial Plastic Surgeon for Secondary Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I would suggest seeing both. Most Facial Plasitc Surgeons are highly trained ENT surgeons as well. Have a thorough assement by a nasal expert and find out if you are a candidate for revision rhinoplasty and whether you may have developed sinus pathology that requires treatment.

Vancouver Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 114 reviews

ENT or plastic surgeon to correct post rhinoplasty mishap

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It would be ideal for you to see an ENT facial plastic surgeon that is well versed in rhinoplasty as well as sinus surgery. The sinus headaches you are experiencing will need to be confirmed through a CAT scan of the paranasal sinuses. Someone who has performed thousands of rhinoplasty surgeries should perform any resetting of the nasal bones and/or revision rhinoplasty.  

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 158 reviews

Surgeon Selection for Nasal Evaluation & Surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You need a surgeon or surgeons experienced in evaluating and treating cosmetic and functional nasal problems as well as possible sinus disease. I would recommend seeing a plastic or facial plastic surgeon who can request consultation with another specialist as necessary.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

A plastic surgeon or ENT for a rhinoplasty misha

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Why not both? I work very closely with ENT surgeons and do combination surgeries. It sounds like you have a few issues: the cosmetic appearance of your nose, the deviation of the septum and nasal bones, and sinus disease. If you were in my practice I would recommend a team approach, PS + ENT.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Type of plastic surgeon for a revision rhinoplasty.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Choose a good one! This could be facial or general plastic surgeon but who is very experienced and does natural noses that you like. Talk and meet with his patients.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

Revision Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


What you need to do is see someone who knows what he/she is doing. That could be either a Facial Plastic Surgeon or a general plastic surgeon. Be more attentive to  the skill of the surgeon by reviewing his/her work and talking to patients.



Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 285 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.