Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty. (photo)

I Recently had surgery done about 3 weeks now. My labia has some sores from where the stitches came from and now my vagina has a discharge. Its light red, yellow on the liner but now im washing my vagina, i use my finger inside and there is a white foul odor discharge. I dont know whats wrong. Can someone help me.

Labiaplasty

Make sure that you see your doctor about the discharge.  Discharge can be normal but it shouldn't be foul smelling.  Ask your surgeon for a follow up visit.

Labiaplasty complication

You need to see your doctor about the discharge. However, It appears that most of your labia minora were removed from a trimming labiaplasty. However, no attempt to revise your labia should be done until you are at least five months after your past procedure as your appearance will improve, and the swelling will be less. You need to control your anxiety and wait. The reconstruction is much more difficult than a primary labiaplasty and should be done by a plastic surgeon with extensive experience in labia reconstruction. I published the first and most extensive paper on labia reconstruction in the prestigious journal "Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery" about five years ago. You may need various reconstructive techniques to give you a good appearance, but this won't be known until all the swelling is gone. I probably would recommend clitoral hood flaps to reconstruct your labia if your surgeon left enough remaining clitoral hood.  You only get one good chance to reconstruct you, so be patient and ask a lot of questions.

Gary J. Alter, M.D.
Beverly Hills, CA - Manhattan, NY

Gary J. Alter, MD

I continue to be amazed that women write to this site rather than SEEING YOUR SURGEON for problems

For the problems you present with, it is ONLY your surgeon (you know, the one you PAID..!) who can EXAMINE you and figure out whether this is normal or a problem. Best to keep your fingers out of your vagina until you've seen your surgeon. By the way, it looks like you've had labial amputation, NOT a cosmetic labiaplasty. Did you go to an experienced genital plastic or cosmetic Gyn surgeon, or just your general gynecologist? General gyns" haven't been specifically trained in these cosmetic procedures, and frequently tend to "amputate" (ouch!.)

Michael P Goodman, MD

Davis, CA, USA

Labiaplasty/vaginoplasty

You should see your surgeon immediately to discuss the postoperative issues that you are having. Without an in person consultation there is no way to tell exactly what is going on.

James Shoukas, MD
Lake Mary Plastic Surgeon

Labiaplasty and Vaginoplasty

Thank you for your question. Based on the description I would recommend to see your surgeon for evaluation.

If you have issues with your vaginoplasty healing, contact your surgeon

Your surgeon knows your surgery better than anyone else. Call him/her and get examined. Discharge after vaginoplasty can be either normal or an infection. An inspection will tell. Odor is not a reliable sign of anything. Your labia appear to have been completely amputated.

Labiaplasty and vaginoplasty.

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  As your picture does not show much for concern, based on your narrative I would see your surgeon for an in-person examination.  It would be important to rule out a possible infection that may compromise your healing.  Best wishes.