I'm 2 days post lipo under general anesthesia. Am I healing okay? When can I exercise and have sex? (Photo)

I am 32 years old I did lipo under general anesthesia. It's day 2 post op. I'm stiff and sore. Any advice on how to make myself more comfortable and when I can get back to exercise and perhaps sex? How do I go about it?

2 days post liposuction

Thank you for your question. Your photos demonstrate that you are healing as expected. NSAIDS, such as Motrin, Aleve or Advil can prove helpful in reducing your soreness. Simple stretching exercises can also reduce your stiffness. Please follow up with your plastic surgeon regarding your compression garment and resuming full activities. Best of luck.

Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

you look normal to me although there are areas I would have been more aggressive with your liposuction.  Compression, lymphatic massage and hyperbaric oxygen are important now.  Best, Dr. Emer.

I'm 2 days post lipo under general anesthesia. Am I healing okay? When can I exercise and have sex?

At 2 days is still quite early to resume all of the usual activities. You need some time to heal. It is best to follow your Operating Surgeon's instructions

Postop instructions after liposuction should come only from your surgeon.

From the photographs it looks as though there are no problems. Regarding your postoperative activity these restrictions should come only from your own surgeon.

Liposuction n- when to exercise? When to have sex?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• Yes, you appear to be healing well.
  • You need to ask your surgeon about exercise and sex - every surgery has her/his own approach.
  • Mine, for my patients, is to start with non-impact exercise, like walking swimming.
  • Then weights.
  • But impact, e.g. running, usually take 4 - 6 weeks.
  • As for sex, I ask my patients to wait until all bruising is gone and they are truly pain free. 

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Liposuction recovery

Thanks for your questions. You seem to be appropriately bruised and swollen after your surgery. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. I would ask your surgeon all of the questions about return to activity because only he/she will know exactly what was done in your case. Likely though, a week or two away from straining activities is advised. Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

2 days post op

I would for sure take it easy and not exercise for about 3 to 4 weeks.Sex probably as comfort dictates.I would think your soreness will pass in say 10 days or so.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Post-op questions

I usually tell my patients they can resume exercise and any other extra curricular activities around a week post-op. This mostly depends on how you are feeling. Do not push yourself if it hurts, but there is nothing you can do that will hurt your results. I suggest getting in a hot tub around 1 week as well, this will help with the stiff and sore feeling.  

R. Scott Yarish, MD