Larger Implant Due to Emptiness?

hello,I have had 3 consults and all agree I do not need a lift.my question is dont I need more ccs to fill the emptiness in my upper pole? the doctors suggestions vary between 350 and 550ccs! thats a huge difference right? my goal is a large c small d cup.im currently a 36b 5'5" and 125lbs

350cc Breast Implant Will Fill Empty Breast

Thank you for your question.  350 cc breast implants are the most common size I have used in my 31 year practice is a board certified plastic surgeon.

I rarely if ever use implants larger than 400 to 450cc breast implants.  500 cc breast implants in my opinion produce unnaturally large breasts and create a large breasted or top-heavy appearance in most average-sized women.

Of course the size of your breast is a very personal matter and if you want the large breasted look produced by 500 cc implants you should have them.

I suggest you visit one of the breast implant websites made available by the companies that make breast implants, such as Mentor (loveyourlook.com) or Allergan and look at photos of patients who have had 350-500 cc breast implants.

Larger Implant Due to Emptiness?

200 cc is a larger difference. Perhaps a full cup size. Without an exam it is difficult to advise you. Without photos and more info (such as current breast size) it is impossible. Please consider reposting with added info. All the best 

Larger implants do not produce upper pole fullness

Adding more volume to implants will not increase upper pole fullness.  Most women refused lift procedures because of the ugly vertical scars associated with the traditional technique.  However, there is a new technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without a larger implant.  At size 36 B each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  You will only require 200 cc implants to achieve a size C.  I always recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Rigth size implant

It is a hard question.I generally will have 5 or 6 pairs of implants in the oprerating room with me.Once the pocket is made I put in say 300 and look if ok go to 325 if ok then say 350 till I get a size that looks full and natural and that is the right size.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation: It's Not Just Size! Think Form and Shape!

Its not just size, its form!  More important than form is shape width and hieght as well as technique.  I like creating augmentations with a nice soft full superior pole.  To achieve this I use a technique called Cold-Subfascial Breast Augmentation.  Dual plane and submuscular techniques tend to flatted the superior pole and high profile implants tend to exaggerate this.  I only use the subfascial plane and only use selected anatomically shaped "gummy bear" implants.  Look at different galleries and decide whether you want the "augmented look" or a natural appearing full breast.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.