Do I need Lipo with my TT and could I qualify to get a mini? (photos)

Full tummy

From this pictures it seems like you have enough skin laxity for a full tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mini tummy tuck does not improve upper abdomen

A mini tummy tuck can include liposuction to the upper abdomen, but will not improve skin tone except in the lower abdomen. Even if the skin tone appears OK, it can look loose after removal of some fat. In your case the mini does not appear to be the best choice.

Richard Baxter, MD

Mini vs. full TT

It is not likely that mini abdominoplasty will solve the problem of your upper abdominal fullness, skin laxity and striae. Full tummy tuck with belly button transposition, liposuction and possibly muscle plication seem to be more appropriate in your case.

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon for detailed clinical evaluation and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck: with lipo or mini?

Based on your photos, it looks as if you would benefit from a full tummy tuck and lipo to your flanks.  That would enhance your waistline. 

A mini only removes extra skin below the belly button.  Although it would be an improvement, I suspect you would be regretting the extra skin above your belly button at that point.  You should get a great result with a full tummy tuck.

Seek a plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery for your consultation and procedure.

Roxanne Sylora, MD

Tummy Tuck

Hi. From what I can see in the pic you have sagging in the skin and muscles of the abdomen and accumulated fat. You need a lipo to mold and refine your body, and Tommy Tuck to stretch your belly and we will mold the buttocks to give them better projection. I think you’ll look very beautiful with those three surgeries.

Angel Alejandro Mora, MD

Mini VS Full Tummy Tuck

Thank you for your question. It's difficult to say without a full assessment; however, you may be a candidate for the tummy tuck procedure. I'd recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to determine what your options would be.

All the best.

Dr. Derby Sang

Thank you for your question and photo.

You seem to be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck combined with a lipo for better results. if you add a lipo with your tummy tuck you body figure would be more shaped and contoured.

best of luck.

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck. The skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!