I got a breast augmentation. Now I notice there's a strain feeling under my left breast. is this a serious problem?.

I had surgery on March 25. When I go to touch it it feels like a vein. A thin long skinny feeling... .I've been feeling it for about 4dys now. Now the vein feeling seems like its getting lower and moving far as my rib cage.. now as today. I can feel it just sitting up.. don't know if I'm over thinking it..  I'm getting anxiety thinking about if it can kill me

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. Hugs!

Mondor's cords

It sounds like you have developed Mondor's cords which are superficial blood clot in the veins. It is a treatable condition. Warm compresses, aspirin and massages help. See your surgeon as soon as you can for a proper evaluation.

Good luck!

Funn feeling post aug

This may be due to an inflammation in a chest wall vein that in time will go away.Sometimes it feels like a chord.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your left breast strain.  Without photographs it is difficult to give you a definite answer, but this sounds like Mondor's cords - irritated veins of the skin usually found along the breast crease of breast augmentation patients.  The good news is that with anti-inflammatory medications and warm compresses they resolve quickly and without issue.  Voice your concern to your surgeon, they can best advise you. 

Mondor's Cord

It sounds as though you are describing a Mondor's cord which is a common occurrence and nothing to worry about. Due to an inflamed/clotted vein- they can be uncomfortable but will usually resolve within a few weeks. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon to let them know so that they can advise you. Often warm compresses and Ibuprofen are helpful.

All the best

Post operative period in breast augmentation

It is hard to understand what you are trying to say. But it is as simple as, if some thing is concerning you, you should go back and see your surgeon, even if it is just for peace of mind. In my practice, I see patients two weeks after their procedure, but they are told to come back to see me sooner if there are any concerns.