Is there a weight limit on breast augmentation? (Photo)

I am 21, I am 4 foot 10 inches and 87 lbs. I am trying to get a breast augmentation done and I'm waiting on response from a doctor. I am scared he is going to say I'm too small. Which would crush all my hopes considering I've lived my whole life as not even an A cup. I need to know if this is going to be a problem for me. I've never had any medical problems in the past. I'm a clean bill of health. I have had a baby and that's the only reason I've ever been in the hospital.

Breast augmentation for petite women

Thank you for your question and sharing your pics.
If you are a healthy individual, there should be no issue with having breast augmentation surgery. My only concern is for you to choose implants that are too large for your frame. Please know that implants are heavy, so the larger they are, the more unstable they become on your chest. The rules of physics still apply to them. Make certain your implants are placed completely under the muscle and avoid a dual plane placement. Complete muscle coverage will provide the implants with much needed support for a lifetime. I hope this helps.
Best wishes and kind regards,

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Is there a weight limit on breast augmentation?

Thanks for your question and photos.  Based on your pictures, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast augmentation.  If you are in good health, surgery should not be an issue.  Make sure you meet with a board certified plastic surgeon who will take your measurements to help determine the appropriate breast implant size for you.  You will likely need only a small implant to have a very nice result.

Naveen Setty, MD

Augmentation Weight Limit

Hi and thank you for your question! Looking at your pictures I think you would make a wonderful candidate for an augmentation.  Although a patients health is very important, some people are just built with a smaller structure. It's best to consult with your surgeon and try on differnet implant styles and sizes to find the one best suited for your body. Good luck! 

Visit a PS

Thank you for the question.  Generally, the health of the patient is the crucial part in determining his/her candidacy.  Based on your photos, you look like a good candidate in BA. Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full evaluation. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Am I too small for breast augmentation?

As long as your overall health is good and you have a healthy diet, your weight should not represent a problem. Some patients are underweight to the point of being malnourished but based on the submitted photos this does not appear to be the case. I hope this helps!

Greetings.  As long as your overall health is acceptable, you should be a candidate for breast augmentation. Your plastic surgeon will review the procedure and expectations with you in detail.  Good luck!

Ravinder Jarial, DO

Weight and breast augmentation

If you're healthy, there's likely no reason you wouldn't be able to undergo a breast augmentation.  Make sure you see a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who can let you know what size would be appropriate for your body.  
Keith Blechman, MD
New York, NY

Breat Augmentation Candidate

Thank you for your inquiry and photos regarding a breast augmentation.

Ideal candidates for breast augmentation come in all shapes and sizes, but should possess good overall mental and physical health.  Based on your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for this procedure.  My recommendation is to schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to further discuss your desired outcome.

Warm wishes!

Weight & Breast Augmentation

Based solely on your photo and description, I don't think you have anything to worry about. You sound like the ideal candidate for a breast augmentation. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Is there a weight limit on breast augmentation

Thank you for your question. There are no specific weight cutoffs for an augmentation. I may be wise to have your doctor clarify his comments and his concerns.

Best wishes
Theodore T. Nyame MD

Theodore Nyame, MD
Charlotte Physician